Locked papers

Watch
anomaly--1
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi,
So I just wanted to ask why do people buy locked papers online and why are established websites selling locked papers like the 2020/2021 papers.
I recently transferred from a state school to a grammar one for sixth form and found that student at the grammar bought locked papers sold on instagrams and other exam resource websites and which in term made their grades much higher. It’s the same for alevel like some people are buying locked papers from well know websites, nothing doggy or anything but through a genuine service where people can make monet buy sharing resources kind of like tes
Last edited by anomaly--1; 5 days ago
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
I'd guess either so that they have another set of papers to practise from (there aren't many official ones since the spec changed a couple years ago), or to cheat on their mocks. Generally the latter
anomaly--1
Rep:
(Original post by flaurie)
I'd guess either so that they have another set of papers to practise from (there aren't many official ones since the spec changed a couple years ago), or to cheat on their mocks. Generally the latter
But is it right for them to buy the papers. Doesn’t that set a disadvantage for the less fortunate students. Is there anyway the school can find out
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by anomaly--1)
But is it right for them to buy the papers. Doesn’t that set a disadvantage for the less fortunate students. Is there anyway the school can find out
We use secure mocks not these papers. It is VERY easy to spot cheating ... and when we did use past papers we'd make the student sit another test with no notice.
anomaly--1
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
We use secure mocks not these papers. It is VERY easy to spot cheating ... and when we did use past papers we'd make the student sit another test with no notice.
So does secure mocks me new papers or something. Which in that case is good as it gives everyone a fair chance
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
So does secure mocks me new papers or something. Which in that case is good as it gives everyone a fair chance
Yes the exam board releases them to exams officers so more secure than the usual 'locking'.
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
No, it's not right for them to do that, it disadvantages anyone who doesn't buy the papers (which obviously isn't fair!)
Blob35
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
I'm at this school, from what I've heard it was the headteacher's son and some other student. We were told the student got access to the school's staff network. The subjects affected are having our mock exams rescheduled.
Last edited by Blob35; 5 days ago
anomaly--1
Rep:
(Original post by Blob35)
I'm at this school, from what I've heard it was the headteacher's son and some other student. We were told the student got access to the school's staff network. The subjects affected are having our mock exams rescheduled.
Yeah I understand that I guess in that case it’s different because they used a staffs login. I’m talking about people buying papers from other people on like Reddit and Instagram and legitimate exam resource website. Is there any ways schools can track this down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (73)
13.18%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.62%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.63%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
7.94%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (268)
48.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.25%

Watched Threads