Surrey University and Royal Holloway

Watch
Cammiluis14
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hello,

I recently applied to study at Surrey University as well as Royal Holloway, and I am looking for some genuine information on how the social/night life is at both. I have heard very mixed things up until now.

Also, do students at these unis frequently go into London?

Thank you!
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Cammiluis14)
Hello,

I recently applied to study at Surrey University as well as Royal Holloway, and I am looking for some genuine information on how the social/night life is at both. I have heard very mixed things up until now.

Also, do students at these unis frequently go into London?

Thank you!
Hello,

It's great to hear that you have applied to Surrey!

As a student at Surrey, I have found student life to be very welcoming from the moment I moved onto campus! Everyone I came across was very friendly and helped me whenever I needed help (students included). On campus, there is places you can study or just chill in such as The Nest or The Hive and the Library. There is many food outlets on campus such as a mini supermarket to be able to quickly get any essentials or to buy lunch. There is also a Starbucks and other food outlets such as Wates House and Hillside. Every week there is also a fresh fruit and veg market so you can get these at your door step without going to Tesco. There is a nightclub on campus called Rubix which is always putting on great events each week. The town centre night life is quieter compared to other unis however is still a good fun environment and the train to London is only 35 minutes so it's so easy to travel into London for a day trip or events!. As well as this, there is also so many societies and club you can join, this will help you to make more friends at university.

If you have any questions or want to find out more about Surrey, please let me know as I am here to help

Becca (Psychology Student)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (63)
12.19%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.74%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (133)
25.73%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.32%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (251)
48.55%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed