can i get into medicine with a 6 in maths?

Watch
leylaxx05
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
i got a 6 in gcse maths and I'm gutted, i really wanted at least a 7 but maths is not my strongest subject. for my other gcses, ive gotten really good; i have two nines ( biology & RS), six 8's ( chemistry, english lit/lang , computer science, french, geography) two 7's ( physics & business studies) and my lowest grade, 6 in maths . i am also predicted A in bio& chem alevel , and A* for epq and psychology. i wanna apply to UoB but its a russel group so it has high expectations, especially for the core subjects at GCSE. i've done 2 virtual medical work experiences, charity volunteering, food bank volunteering, have attended medicine conferences , and i have applied to R2P. lets just say i get my predicted for alevels, and get a good UKAT, do i still have a good chance of getting into medicine at UoB, even with my 6 in maths? do you guys know anyone who has gotten into medicine with a 6 in maths?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by leylaxx05)
i got a 6 in gcse maths and I'm gutted, i really wanted at least a 7 but maths is not my strongest subject. for my other gcses, ive gotten really good; i have two nines ( biology & RS), six 8's ( chemistry, english lit/lang , computer science, french, geography) two 7's ( physics & business studies) and my lowest grade, 6 in maths . i am also predicted A in bio& chem alevel , and A* for epq and psychology. i wanna apply to UoB but its a russel group so it has high expectations, especially for the core subjects at GCSE. i've done 2 virtual medical work experiences, charity volunteering, food bank volunteering, have attended medicine conferences , and i have applied to R2P. lets just say i get my predicted for alevels, and get a good UKAT, do i still have a good chance of getting into medicine at UoB, even with my 6 in maths? do you guys know anyone who has gotten into medicine with a 6 in maths?
Most medical schools require a 6 in maths. You might want to stay away from Birmingham as they are quite GCSE heavy but they do have a offer calculator that you can try once you have a UCAT score.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads