ChaletSA
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am currently in year 12 and feeling pretty overwhelmed with my EPQ question, I initially started with the question on how to improve financial literacy in South Africa but soon realized I didn't truly enjoy the question. I've now landed on the question of ancient Rome and how their economy and the financial system worked, the problem is I don't do history at A-level but have an interest in economics and finance and ancient Rome. Do you think this question would work in the context of an EPQ and if it would be doable as someone with no history A-level? Thanks
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
It worth going to talk to relevant teachers about this - what you are proposing is too 'big' for an EPQ and you need a much narrower, more simple topic to make it manageable.

Once you have got that sorted, there is a really good short online course about doing an EPQ from Uni of Bath - free - https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/epq-success/19
ArcticChimera
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ChaletSA)
I am currently in year 12 and feeling pretty overwhelmed with my EPQ question, I initially started with the question on how to improve financial literacy in South Africa but soon realized I didn't truly enjoy the question. I've now landed on the question of ancient Rome and how their economy and the financial system worked, the problem is I don't do history at A-level but have an interest in economics and finance and ancient Rome. Do you think this question would work in the context of an EPQ and if it would be doable as someone with no history A-level? Thanks
As mentioned above, make sure the question has a narrow/specific focus.

If you are passionate enough about it and willing to locate + use plenty of sources to ensure your arguments are factually backed up, I think you could do really well with this one! From past experience, I definitely recommend doing something you love, and in fact, they specify not to write about a topic/module from an existing course you are taking, so I think this would be a great area to look into!
Last edited by ArcticChimera; 4 months ago
graceapril
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ChaletSA)
I think this would work and make sure in your production log to include this change of ideas - they like to see you develop your project and make sure to change your title at least once, so by doing this you have showed progress and reflection.
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I do think it is too broad an area. You need to narrow it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (64)
15.8%
The paper was reasonable (198)
48.89%
Not feeling great about that exam... (101)
24.94%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
10.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed