How do I get references for UCAS application when idk anyone?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I left school 5 years ago and want to go to uni now (didn't know what to do with my life). I've been travelling for 2 years on and off so I haven't had a recent job either.

So I'm kinda screwed in terms of references. I doubt my school even remember me and I obviously can't ask my 2 year old employer.

Any ideas? Ask a friend to pretend? Idk what to do lol. Just not go uni
Jaciruyi8
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
I would still ask just in case. If you’re still unsure, contact UCAS, tell them about your situation and they’ll let you know what to do. I recommend that you give them a call as they might take a while to respond to emails and you don’t have much time.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I left school 5 years ago and want to go to uni now (didn't know what to do with my life). I've been travelling for 2 years on and off so I haven't had a recent job either.

So I'm kinda screwed in terms of references. I doubt my school even remember me and I obviously can't ask my 2 year old employer.

Just ask your school already.

Making guesses that they won’t be able to help is wasting time.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Just to add that if you’ve been out of education entirely for 5 years, then some unis won’t consider you. You need to check with potential choices as to whether they’d expect you to complete an Access to HE course first.
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I would phone Admissions at a couple of Unis that interest you. Ask if they would accept your grades from 5 years ago without a reference. They may agree to it or they may advise you to do an Access to Higher Education course which would also solve your reference problem
cleveranimal56
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Why is your employer 2 years old?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Contact your old school - I written references for people who left longer ago than that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.49%
October 2021 (251)
45.23%
November 2021 (66)
11.89%
December 2021 (69)
12.43%
January 2021 (72)
12.97%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
7.93%