The Student Room Group

(Peterhouse) Accommodation - College-run or Private?

I have an offer from Peterhouse and in order to confirm them as my college I need to decide whether I want to make myself eligible for their accommodation, or whether I intend to use third-party private accommodation.

My question is whether I should go into their accommodation or privately-owned halls/flats? There are some private halls in Cambridge that look fairly nice but are quite expensive. College accommodation is cheaper (and closer to the college) but it looks like you aren't guaranteed an ensuite, which is something that personally I find fairly important. Does anyone have experience with the accommodation and is willing offer any advice? The Peterhouse website isn't great for in-depth information...
Original post by Brumafriend
I have an offer from Peterhouse and in order to confirm them as my college I need to decide whether I want to make myself eligible for their accommodation, or whether I intend to use third-party private accommodation.

My question is whether I should go into their accommodation or privately-owned halls/flats? There are some private halls in Cambridge that look fairly nice but are quite expensive. College accommodation is cheaper (and closer to the college) but it looks like you aren't guaranteed an ensuite, which is something that personally I find fairly important. Does anyone have experience with the accommodation and is willing offer any advice? The Peterhouse website isn't great for in-depth information...

How do you have an offer from Peterhouse when Cambridge decisions are released January 25th?
Original post by savvybean
How do you have an offer from Peterhouse when Cambridge decisions are released January 25th?

This is postgraduate (I forgot to specify)

Quick Reply

Latest