University BA(Hons) Dissertation - need your opinion

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I handed in my dissertation but it looks incomplete. The format errors are obvious but also because of having Covid in the Christmas break, I lost time trying to complete my work to the best it can which was why it needs still fixing. I was thinking of asking my uni to allow 3 more days to work on it due to the reason for Covid but this can risk my work being submitted because they said if they don't approve my request for extra time I get a fail. I don't know what to do, whether to request for more time or leave my work with formatting errors such as highlighting looks very bad, chapter title is not correct, and other stuff that would already affect my dissertation. I don't know what grade I would get for poor formatting and very worried about it. Please could you tell me any advice, your opinion as well. Many thanks
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I handed in my dissertation but it looks incomplete. The format errors are obvious but also because of having Covid in the Christmas break, I lost time trying to complete my work to the best it can which was why it needs still fixing. I was thinking of asking my uni to allow 3 more days to work on it due to the reason for Covid but this can risk my work being submitted because they said if they don't approve my request for extra time I get a fail. I don't know what to do, whether to request for more time or leave my work with formatting errors such as highlighting looks very bad, chapter title is not correct, and other stuff that would already affect my dissertation. I don't know what grade I would get for poor formatting and very worried about it. Please could you tell me any advice, your opinion as well. Many thanks
If you can't use the edit functions of Word by now, a 3 day extension isn't going to help. You need to submit and accept you didn't plan your time well.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 days ago
request extra time. You have genuine health issues
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there,

Have you already sybmitted? If you have I'm not sure you'd be allowed to re-submit? But I think most unis are understanding if you had COVID and it meant you couldn't do your studies so I think you should apply for an ECF because you want to get the best grade possible!

All the best,

UoP Rep Jubilee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (63)
12.19%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.74%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (133)
25.73%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.32%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (251)
48.55%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed