crjk_
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
okay so basically i have to choose between drama and computer science for GCSE but i really don’t know which one. i got 95% in drama and 93% in computer science but i love drama. the course for both seems interesting however ik that computer science is super applicable and it’s a good option for the future. can anyone help me??
gracieee16
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
well what do you want to study in uni and what would you think will give you better job options? personally, i'd choose the thing i'm passionate about and the one that would lead me to my dream job and try my best. it's totally your choice!!! imo i'd choose drama but then again, computer science gives you more options...
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Its really dependent on what you think you will want to study at uni, as above commenter says. GCSEs are your last chance to really be able to take subjects solely on the basis that you genuinely enjoy them. If you are more passionate about drama, then you will have more motivation to study the subject and therefore youve a better chance at succeeding in it.
I did GCSE drama and can honestly say without a doubt it was my favourite subject, and even though I am now aiming towards studying law at uni, i definitely dont regret taking it, as I saw GCSE drama as almost a break from the more content-heavy subjects
crjk_
Rep:
thank you both so much! i am not 100% sure what i want to study at uni or even at a-levels, but i think i maybe want to do law or psychology as a career.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by crjk_)
okay so basically i have to choose between drama and computer science for GCSE but i really don’t know which one. i got 95% in drama and 93% in computer science but i love drama. the course for both seems interesting however ik that computer science is super applicable and it’s a good option for the future. can anyone help me??
Hi,

I went through this debate myself so many times! In the end, what helped me was to think about what matters most to me from my career - is it simply passion, is it money, is it work-life balance? They're all important, but picking one helped me. I've always wanted to be a writer, and I really wanted to do English Literature all the way to university. However, one thing I know I want more from life than a career I love is having and experiencing nice things (material girl... sue me haha) so I chose something else I was good at, something I didn't mind doing forever, and that's how I came to International Relations. It opens the doors to a lot of things, it's something excel in, and being a diplomat (the new dream job) pays pretty well. So, do I miss writing and studying English Lit? Of course. In another life I'd probably choose it. But, I have no regrets because I know a good salary will make me happy. But that's me.

So, my advice is look for what you want your life to look like. What's the most important thing? And then choose the career that will take you there. Just like writing, drama can take you a lot of places, but is it the most stable? Is stability even an option for you? Do what's best for you according to who you know you are. I hope this helps! All the best! Anything else, let me know!

Samantha, Official UoP Rep
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by crjk_)
A single GCSE is not likely to affect your future unless it is a subject you intend taking at university. For example Drama might be helpful if you were looking at applying to Drama school. Other than that it will probably make o difference. Go with what you enjoy and will do well in
crjk_
Rep:
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi,

I went through this debate myself so many times! In the end, what helped me was to think about what matters most to me from my career - is it simply passion, is it money, is it work-life balance? They're all important, but picking one helped me. I've always wanted to be a writer, and I really wanted to do English Literature all the way to university. However, one thing I know I want more from life than a career I love is having and experiencing nice things (material girl... sue me haha) so I chose something else I was good at, something I didn't mind doing forever, and that's how I came to International Relations. It opens the doors to a lot of things, it's something excel in, and being a diplomat (the new dream job) pays pretty well. So, do I miss writing and studying English Lit? Of course. In another life I'd probably choose it. But, I have no regrets because I know a good salary will make me happy. But that's me.

So, my advice is look for what you want your life to look like. What's the most important thing? And then choose the career that will take you there. Just like writing, drama can take you a lot of places, but is it the most stable? Is stability even an option for you? Do what's best for you according to who you know you are. I hope this helps! All the best! Anything else, let me know!

Samantha, Official UoP Rep
this helps so much, samantha. thank you so much!!
crjk_
Rep:
(Original post by swanseajack1)
A single GCSE is not likely to affect your future unless it is a subject you intend taking at university. For example Drama might be helpful if you were looking at applying to Drama school. Other than that it will probably make o difference. Go with what you enjoy and will do well in
you are right! thank you!
Jess_Lomas
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
If you want to do computer science at uni you don't need a level computer science just something to think about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.5%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.7%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (137)
25.95%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.33%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (254)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.41%

Watched Threads