Mark for passing a module in uni

Watch
marilynnn
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
#1
Hello, Im a first year uni student at southampton.
So in the module im currently doing, 20% of the final grade is derived from homework sheets, another 20% from class tests and 60% from the final exam. Pass mark for individual exams are, as always, 40% but ive been trying to calculate what this means for the final exam.
Suppose if I got full marks for the homeworks and class tests, what is the minimum percentage mark I would need to get in the final exam to pass the module as a whole? Can anyone help me with calculating?
Thank you
0
reply
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#2
Report 4 days ago
#2
(Original post by marilynnn)
Hello, Im a first year uni student at southampton.
So in the module im currently doing, 20% of the final grade is derived from homework sheets, another 20% from class tests and 60% from the final exam. Pass mark for individual exams are, as always, 40% but ive been trying to calculate what this means for the final exam.
Suppose if I got full marks for the homeworks and class tests, what is the minimum percentage mark I would need to get in the final exam to pass the module as a whole? Can anyone help me with calculating?
Thank you
Hi there!

So if you got 100% in terms of the homework sheets (20/20%), and class tests (20/20%) then this would total 40% of the overall marks of the module. In this case, you would be able to fail the exam and still have 40% overall in the module. However, there is sometimes special rules meaning you need to pass the examination components of a module so make sure you check this.

Good luck with your studies!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
0
reply
marilynnn
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#3
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
#3
(Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep)
Hi there!

So if you got 100% in terms of the homework sheets (20/20%), and class tests (20/20%) then this would total 40% of the overall marks of the module. In this case, you would be able to fail the exam and still have 40% overall in the module. However, there is sometimes special rules meaning you need to pass the examination components of a module so make sure you check this.

Good luck with your studies!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
wow, thank you so much thats very clear and helpful!
0
reply
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#4
Report 7 minutes ago
#4
(Original post by marilynnn)
wow, thank you so much thats very clear and helpful!
Great, I'm glad to be of help. Good luck in your assignments - definitely don't aim to fail the exam now...

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (63)
12.52%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.79%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (131)
26.04%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.55%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (241)
47.91%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
3.18%

Watched Threads

View All