Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
If I wanna drop out of uni what do I need to do? I know I need to contact student finance but what do I need to say/tell them etc
Muttly
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
It depends why you want to drop out? Health, finance, can't stand the course? Do your family support you? You won't be the first or the last to do this. See someone in the Uni course section to talk it through, welfare and then finally finance to work out the damage and your moving on options?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
You need to speak to your academic advisor and course head, head of dept first. They can process it, and then let SF know. The university used to inform SFE but now I think the onus is on you.
Last edited by gjd800; 4 days ago
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
This link: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ead-this-first provides information on everything you need to do to leave uni, going over student finance, accommodation, tuition fees etc.

To be able to officially leave uni you’ll need to confirm everything with a university student adviser who will guide you through the process. Although every uni is different, the general process will be that you meet with a member of the university and sign a declaration of withdrawal and confirm any outstanding fees or payments. You’ll then receive a letter confirming your withdrawal which you’ll need to send to your student loan provider to confirm that you are no longer at university.

Do you need any advice to do with what to do after this, such as apprenticeships or just general next steps? If you do, just write a message below and I will do my best to help.

- Rosie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.5%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.7%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (137)
25.95%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.33%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (254)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.41%

Watched Threads