The Student Room Group

Can I get admission to a university with 5 igcse in the USA.. 3 Cs and 2 Bs?

I am looking into getting into higher education

I think I was cheated as I was told I can get into university with 5 igcse with a grade above c

But turns out I can't

Now I am think about getting a high school degree online... I heard there are some degrees that for free ... I don't know

What are cheaper alternatives to a level

I am really broke and I need to get into college as I think I might be able to work and study once I go abroad and get a chance to work as I am not able to where I am
Original post by Djdjdas
I am looking into getting into higher education

I think I was cheated as I was told I can get into university with 5 igcse with a grade above c

But turns out I can't

Now I am think about getting a high school degree online... I heard there are some degrees that for free ... I don't know

What are cheaper alternatives to a level

I am really broke and I need to get into college as I think I might be able to work and study once I go abroad and get a chance to work as I am not able to where I am

Does your school not let you do A-Levels???

You'll really struggle to get in anywhere (at least in the US) with these GCSEs.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ry7xsfa
Does your school not let you do A-Levels???

You'll really struggle to get in anywhere (at least in the US) with these GCSEs.

I think OP could privately teach himself A-levels.
It's going to be difficult but it is possible.

'You'll really struggle to get in anywhere (at least in the US) with these GCSEs.'
Alternatively: go to community college and then transfer to a reputable 4-year university.
Original post by justlearning1469
I think OP could privately teach himself A-levels.
It's going to be difficult but it is possible.

'You'll really struggle to get in anywhere (at least in the US) with these GCSEs.'
Alternatively: go to community college and then transfer to a reputable 4-year university.

I mean they could but they seem to also mention not being able to afford A-Levels?

Community College isn't really an option if you're not a US citizen, especially if OP is broke as they say. They'll be able to get no financial support at all for it. Additionally, a very limited number of US 4-year universities will offer financial aid to international students that have transferred in.
Original post by ry7xsfa
I mean they could but they seem to also mention not being able to afford A-Levels?

Community College isn't really an option if you're not a US citizen, especially if OP is broke as they say. They'll be able to get no financial support at all for it. Additionally, a very limited number of US 4-year universities will offer financial aid to international students that have transferred in.

Fair enough.

But hey, that is still a way out for OP even if the chance is slim.

Quick Reply