How much would living off Mc Donald’s take off your life span?

Watch
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Confusedgoose)
I know you can meal prep for 1-2 weeks, but what the hell do you cook once a month that lasts several weeks? I need tips haha
I do cook in between, but just quick things that don't require a lot of input from me. Also sometimes eat out or buy takeaways.

In terms of things that I cook, it is usually various stews, dhal, pilau or rice dishes. Occasionally soups, but I find the texture changes if you freeze them and I'm not a fan of that. I usually cook large amounts and freeze individual portions.
Last edited by black tea; 4 days ago
Talkative Toad
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by black tea)
You could try it and let us know?

Spoiler:
Show
Cooking from scratch is likely to be even cheaper than MacDonalds and will be much, much healthier. You could batch cook and freeze thing - I will often spend 1 day a month cooking several different meals that I then freeze, and then don't have to worry about cooking for several weeks.
Agreed. Aldi and Lidi are here for you.
Nobody2u
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by mnot)
Sodium, cholesterol, saturated fats, refined carbohydrates are incorporated into all sorts of diets anyway its more a question of balance & proportion.

Perfectly fine as a weekend treat, not ok as a staple diet, it’s common knowledge.
PRSOM
Confusedgoose
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
I do cook in between, but just quick things that don't require a lot of input from me. Also sometimes eat out or buy takeaways.

In terms of things that I cook, it is usually various stews, dhal, pilau or rice dishes. Occasionally soups, but I find the texture changes if you freeze them and I'm not a fan of that. I usually cook large amounts and freeze individual portions.
Interestingggg tyty
I usually make dhal and rice too 😎😎
Overnight oats is nice! plus u can put some fruits, seeds and whatever you want
kayPak
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
What about this meal plan?
Breakfast:
Breakfast Roll with Brown Sauce 2098 kJ | 500 kcal

Lunch:
-Crispy chicken and bacon 311Kcals
-Strawberry Milkshake Large 1932 kJ | 458 kcal

Dinner:
-The Spicy Veggie One 1534 kJ | 365 kcal
- Pineapple Stick 155 kJ | 37 kcal
- McDonald's Fries Small 990 kJ | 237 kcal

I just don’t see it as being *that* unhealthy anymore . The website is really reassuring actually.
Last edited by kayPak; 4 days ago
black tea
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by kayPak)
Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:
There is practically no nutritional value to this meal plan
OnlyTheQuack
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
With that meal plan, you are making yourself sound rich! Maybe that for your eating out day it makes sense but that is wayyy to much money.
brjf
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
You could try it and let us know?

Spoiler:
Show
Cooking from scratch is likely to be even cheaper than MacDonalds and will be much, much healthier. You could batch cook and freeze thing - I will often spend 1 day a month cooking several different meals that I then freeze, and then don't have to worry about cooking for several weeks.
Can confirm, I’ve managed to get my food down to £11 a week
brjf
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by mnot)
I don’t think it’s manageable, it would inevitably lead to all sorts of nutritional & fibre deficiencies, failing to consume enough vitamins & things over a long enough time can really effect your whole body. But I think the lack of fibre will probably catch up first (purely speculative, I have no expertise).

did you not watch supersize me in school?
And supersize 2!
Anonymous #1
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by kayPak)
Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

I just don’t see it as being *that* unhealthy anymore . The website is really reassuring actually.
Hi,

I think you should consider existing "short-cuts" rather than spending a relatively big amount of money per week on a fried food regime like this. It's not only just about the amount of calories; sat fat and vitamins matter too.

For example, I have a large banana + an instant coffee for breakfast, followed by some spaghetti (from a batch preparation that is refrigerated) with a few spoons of an Asda tomato-based pasta sauce and some pre-sliced sandwich chicken for lunch, and then dinner could be tinned (e.g. vegetable curry) served with microwavable rice, since you are looking to reduce preparation time of the food.

You could change this to whatever you like / can afford. e.g. bananas are very cheap for their size and are fairly nutritious, so that's why I've gone to them. Plus, no actual prep required! Or, you can basically batch-prep items and quickly assemble the meals the night before or that morning.

I could say more but I don't know if you'll listen. Let me know what you think.
Surnia
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
I know you can meal prep for 1-2 weeks, but what the hell do you cook once a month that lasts several weeks? I need tips haha
How much freezer space do you have access to?
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Look at America.
Confusedgoose
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Surnia)
How much freezer space do you have access to?
I have a second unused freezer in the garage that still works for some reason - arnd 3 feet high
So a hefty amount yo !
Why?
Last edited by Confusedgoose; 2 days ago
Surnia
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
I have a second unused freezer in the garage that still works for some reason - arnd 3 feet high
So a hefty amount yo !
Why?
That's how you "cook once a month that lasts several weeks"; you freeze stuff.

You've then always got access to decent homemade meals.
Last edited by Surnia; 2 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (63)
12.19%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.74%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (133)
25.73%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.32%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (251)
48.55%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed