PGCE Interview - Presentation for year 1 class, please help!

Watch
Beveyo
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hello!

I have been asked to teach a 20 minute lesson to year 1 pupils based upon the following descriprion -

Prepare a 20 minute reading based activity.

Teachers are focussing on encouraging pupils’ predicting skills based on the text they have read and wider experiences. Please develop pupils’ ideas through led discussion. You will need to choose a suitable text for middle ability, Year 1 pupils to base your activity around. You will have access to whiteboards, pens, interactive white board, laptops etc.

Do you have any advice about how I might approach teaching this segment? I feel slightly confused regarding the criteria about encouraging the children's 'predicting skills'?

Any advice would be great! Thank you!
TriplexA
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Beveyo)
Hello!

I have been asked to teach a 20 minute lesson to year 1 pupils based upon the following descriprion -

Prepare a 20 minute reading based activity.

Teachers are focussing on encouraging pupils’ predicting skills based on the text they have read and wider experiences. Please develop pupils’ ideas through led discussion. You will need to choose a suitable text for middle ability, Year 1 pupils to base your activity around. You will have access to whiteboards, pens, interactive white board, laptops etc.

Do you have any advice about how I might approach teaching this segment? I feel slightly confused regarding the criteria about encouraging the children's 'predicting skills'?

Any advice would be great! Thank you!
Hi there.

I think childrens stories such as "The very hungry caterpillar" could be a good example where children have to use their prediction skills to predict what will happen to the caterpillar as it eats more and what it will turn to as a result of eating lots.

Best wishes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads