How difficult is it to get a 90% + in an assignment in university?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I just received my results for a psychology essay in my 3rd year and got a 92%. I was so surprised it was this high because I normally get 65% max so it was a very pleasant surprise. I go to a very average university if that makes a difference but it's far from bad. Anyway, I was just curious how common is it to get a 90% grade during university in any assignments?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Never seen it or awarded it in my discipline (philosophy)
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Congratulations! I don't think I ever got into the 90s, just the 80s, but I did hear of some people at uni getting into the 90s - it's normally quite rare though, so well done :woo:
brjf
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
90% blimey and I thought me touching mid 80s was impressive enough
Desideri
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Definitely not common in essays.

I got a 90 in 1 essay in 2nd year, and the lecturer said it was only the 2nd one she'd given in her career. No idea how I did it - my other grades are nowhere near that high!
*****deadness
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
If its any assignment, you'd have a much better chance with any science subject. I do maths, and I've gotten 90 in some of them, so did some other people I know. But for essay subjects of course you really have to impress the marker
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Pretty rare in my field (Linguistics). Most people's highest marks would be in the low 80s.
The RAR
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Achieving above 90s in STEM is perfectly possible, but if we are talking about essay based subjects like law then it's gold in a wasteland
Galdiowolf
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Well done! Achieved overall a 90% in Computer Modelling - Chemistry module in second year. So doable, but requires lots and lots of work!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.36%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.69%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (140)
26.22%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.24%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (257)
48.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.37%

Watched Threads