Catholic university of America

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I recently got an offer to do a year abroad in America, specifically in Washington DC at the catholic university of America.
Just wondering if anyone has any insight of what it’s like as a Brit?
I am not Catholic, so will this be a problem?
I am also quite an outdoorsy person, I enjoy sailing, surfing, rock climbing, skiing, travelling etc.
Would this uni suit me?
If anyone knows what the uni is like for engineering and what the student life is like any insight would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
you’ll be required to take catholic classes.
ry7xsfa
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I recently got an offer to do a year abroad in America, specifically in Washington DC at the catholic university of America.
Just wondering if anyone has any insight of what it’s like as a Brit?
I am not Catholic, so will this be a problem?
I am also quite an outdoorsy person, I enjoy sailing, surfing, rock climbing, skiing, travelling etc.
Would this uni suit me?
If anyone knows what the uni is like for engineering and what the student life is like any insight would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
Nobody here is going to have any idea about this one, very niche, university. Your best bet is to Google it and research it yourself.
pet973
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ry7xsfa)
Nobody here is going to have any idea about this one, very niche, university. Your best bet is to Google it and research it yourself.
Agree, I’ve never heard of it myself. Maybe check out the US version of student room: College Confidential. Might be worth starting a thread there. GL
kamara41
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I looked at this school only very briefly in my college search. From what I gathered CUA takes its conservative Catholic identity much seriously than most Catholic colleges. If I recall correctly, around 80-90% of students are Catholic so you won't be the only non-Catholic but the vast majority of students will be. And there are things like daily masses on campus, Catholic service organisations, and Catholic iconography on campus (don't know about CUA but most of the Catholic schools I looked at had crucifixes in classrooms and things like that). It's up to you whether you're up for that.

But I'm not a student at CUA nor have I toured campus or anything so your best bet is to do research yourself as others have mentioned. Here are a couple links to get you started.
Princeton Review - https://www.princetonreview.com/coll...merica-1022877
Niche - https://www.niche.com/colleges/the-c...ty-of-america/

Are there any other US universities you have the option to study abroad at or is it just CUA?
Last edited by kamara41; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads