Healed helix suddenly hurting

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've had my helix pierced for 3 years and it's healed and been super chill until about a week ago when it suddenly started hurting like a lot. It's not swollen, except for on the back of my ear ever so slightly. It's super sore especially if the hoop turns, like a scab is being ripped off but I can't see one. It's not hot, red or swollen so I'm sure it's not infected but I'm v confused why it's hurting
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Omg wtf the same thing has happened to me!
The back of my double helix has gotten swollen and itchy.

Did you sleep on it or something? Because i think that's how i irritated mine.
MedicWil
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've had my helix pierced for 3 years and it's healed and been super chill until about a week ago when it suddenly started hurting like a lot. It's not swollen, except for on the back of my ear ever so slightly. It's super sore especially if the hoop turns, like a scab is being ripped off but I can't see one. It's not hot, red or swollen so I'm sure it's not infected but I'm v confused why it's hurting
I agree with the previous poster about it probably being irritation but…
How often do you take our your earrings and clean your ears and earrings?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
Omg wtf the same thing has happened to me!
The back of my double helix has gotten swollen and itchy.

Did you sleep on it or something? Because i think that's how i irritated mine.
That's so weird!!! Yeah I've been sleeping on it on and off bc I've got a 7 month old rook piercing in my other ear haha
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by MedicWil)
I agree with the previous poster about it probably being irritation but…
How often do you take our your earrings and clean your ears and earrings?
I clean my ears every day, specifically focusing on my piercings every night. I take them out and clean them properly once a week, I used to do it twice but it was too irritating for my ears
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%