Is a masters from U Edinburgh worth 50 thousand USD?

Watch
hleyerf
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Between international tuition prices and money for housing I'll end up needing 50 thousand in student loans to cover my one year masters, to people who know of the university more than I do, is it worth it?
gruzenka
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by hleyerf)
Between international tuition prices and money for housing I'll end up needing 50 thousand in student loans to cover my one year masters, to people who know of the university more than I do, is it worth it?
Edinburgh is a great university. Also, much higher in the QS World Ranking. Graduates from Edinburgh have a high employment rate.
However, it depends on your course and if it adds any value to the current job market.
If there are enough jobs with a good pay then go for it. If don't, then please reconsider. After all, no matter how amazing the university is if there aren't enough jobs in your preferred sector then it's gonna be difficult to pay back that loan.

If you don't mind me asking, what course did you apply for?
hleyerf
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by gruzenka)
Edinburgh is a great university. Also, much higher in the QS World Ranking. Graduates from Edinburgh have a high employment rate.
However, it depends on your course and if it adds any value to the current job market.
If there are enough jobs with a good pay then go for it. If don't, then please reconsider. After all, no matter how amazing the university is if there aren't enough jobs in your preferred sector then it's gonna be difficult to pay back that loan.

If you don't mind me asking, what course did you apply for?
Thanks for the response! I applied for International Relations
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
It depends upon your personal ambitions, preferences and the finances available to you.
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.

I'm in the habit of collecting postgrad qualifications.
But I wouldn't consider moving to Scotland.
Nor borrowing £50k to finance the tuition fees and living expenses to study any course at a Scottish uni.
hleyerf
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
It depends upon your personal ambitions, preferences and the finances available to you.
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.

I'm in the habit of collecting postgrad qualifications.
But I wouldn't consider moving to Scotland.
Nor borrowing £50k to finance the tuition fees and living expenses to study any course at a Scottish uni.
thank you
gruzenka
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hleyerf)
Thanks for the response! I applied for International Relations
That's superb. I personally love this subject.
Also, it's in demand these days especially in the media sector. You also get to work with the UN and its other bodies after you get some experience. I'd recommend you to proceed with it.
All the very best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.81%
October 2021 (237)
44.8%
November 2021 (63)
11.91%
December 2021 (67)
12.67%
January 2021 (65)
12.29%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
8.32%