HBS Henrietta Barnett senior school - what is it like

Watch
Limentani
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
What is the senior school like? not just the 6th form? Is it only about high pressure and academics? Is the teaching any good? Are great exit results due to great teaching or due to clever children working exceptionally hard at home?
kk15405
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 days ago
I went to QE Boys (the boys equivalent of HBS) and left to join another grammar at a levels as i didnt meet the gcse entry requirements for qe boys but the advise is probably gonna be similar

yea there are gonna be lots of smart girls there (possibly overcompetitive) but dont let that stop you going there a lot of girls there are pretty chill from what my sister says (she goes there)

there are really good teachers there (my maths teacher went to cambridge and my english teacher went to oxford) however good teaching alone doesnt mean you will do well its mainly down to you

if you get the grades to go then you should consider it as its a really good school

ps. ive heard that sixth formers there dont have a uniform to wear which is uncommon for grammar schools ig but i guess that gives a clue that they are pretty chill

overall, id say that its mainly down to the smart pupils that go there, not the teachers
Last edited by kk15405; 2 days ago
thegeek888
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
There are a lot of 'smart' pupils there and they work very hard as being of high intellect. But the competitive nature will maximise your chances of success for an application to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT and Amherst or Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial and UCL. Two of my cousins got accepted there too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads