The Student Room Group

FT or PT tuition fee loan?

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble with my student finance. Usually, I'd apply as normal but my circumstances have changed. I'm redoing a year as my mental health had me suspend my studies but nobody has given me guidance on how to apply. I'm on a FT undergraduate course but, since I need 30 credits, I'm studying PT. Do I apply as normal but lower the tuition loan or make a PT application?

(I was also told by an advisor from uni that I would be entitled to a gift year or funding)
Original post by kazred
Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble with my student finance. Usually, I'd apply as normal but my circumstances have changed. I'm redoing a year as my mental health had me suspend my studies but nobody has given me guidance on how to apply. I'm on a FT undergraduate course but, since I need 30 credits, I'm studying PT. Do I apply as normal but lower the tuition loan or make a PT application?

(I was also told by an advisor from uni that I would be entitled to a gift year or funding)

Hi there, if you are on a full time course and are repeating a year part time, then you will be classed as a part time student on a full time course and should still apply for full time funding.

If you are studying the full year then you will receive funding as normal if you have been advised you have your additional year (previously known as gift year) available to use.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending