The Student Room Group

sea moss aka the holy grail that contains pretty much every mineral your body needs?

is it true? i just saw a tiktok on it. does it exist in a tablet form? are you supposed to take it just once a day? when i google it, it looks super gross so what are you supposed to do with it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Following- apparently my Macdonalds diet allow isn’t sufficient.
(edited 2 years ago)
No, it's all a lie. Take it from me I work at a supplement company and the best thing you can take is raw chicken weekly, look at me bro I'm fit, healthy and i've only had food poisoning 50 times in the past month
Reply 3
Original post by Prefect1992
No, it's all a lie. Take it from me I work at a supplement company and the best thing you can take is raw chicken weekly, look at me bro I'm fit, healthy and i've only had food poisoning 50 times in the past month

Can you be visited at the morgue?
Don't multivitamins already fulfill that purpose?
Original post by kayPak
Can you be visited at the morgue?

Im an alpha male who works at a supplement company bro
Reply 6
Original post by Chicken.M.
Don't multivitamins already fulfill that purpose?

they don't work for me. my vitamin/iron deficiencies keep getting worse.
Reply 7
Original post by Prefect1992
Im an alpha male who works at a supplement company bro

I guess some women like it expired.
Original post by Ciel.

Tried eating spinach? That's full of iron I think.

I think brussel sprouts are too.
(edited 2 years ago)
You’re basing this on something you saw on tiktok.??
Reply 10
Original post by Chicken.M.
Tried eating spinach? That's full of iron I think.

I think brussel sprouts are too.

i often put some fresh spinach in my smoothies but it doesn't change **** tbh. idk, it's like my body just rejects nutrients and stuff
(edited 2 years ago)
tiktok isn't that reliable, people will say anything.
Reply 12
Original post by Son of the Sea
You’re basing this on something you saw on tiktok.??

not everything on tiktok is a lie. and google pretty much confirms that it contains 92 /110 minerals
Original post by Bronfenbrennerzy
tiktok isn't that reliable, people will say anything.

there's lots of good tips on it too
Original post by Ciel.
not everything on tiktok is a lie. and google pretty much confirms that it contains 92 /110 minerals

You really shouldn’t be taking any kind of serious medical advice from tiktok. Also, it’s not just about how many minerals it contains, but the proportions. No use it containing all the needed minerals if some quantities are too high and others too low.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.

Maybe try to look at other nutrients as well? From what I understand most of them don't work in isolation, for example vitamin C helps with iron absorption.

On the other hand, you could be intolerable to some stuffs? Whatever is the equivalent of lactose-intolerance in this case, not sure if it exists at all - maybe you might have some minor condition that causes this?
Reply 15
Original post by Son of the Sea
You really shouldn’t be taking any kind of serious medical advice from tiktok. Also, it’s not just about how many minerals it contains, but the proportions. No use it containing all the needed minerals if some quantities are too high and others too low.

well, the stuff my doctor suggests is dumb and/or doesn't work so what choice to i have
Original post by wifd149
Maybe try to look at other nutrients as well? From what I understand most of them don't work in isolation, for example vitamin C helps with iron absorption.

On the other hand, you could be intolerable to some stuffs? Whatever is the equivalent of lactose-intolerance in this case, not sure if it exists at all - maybe you might have some minor condition that causes this?

i feel like all most diet supplements are a scam, they just make no difference tbh
will need to do more research on it
Original post by Ciel.
well, the stuff my doctor suggests is dumb and/or doesn't work so what choice to i have

i feel like all most diet supplements are a scam, they just make no difference tbh
will need to do more research on it

Aye, all the best mate :smile: Finding what works for us individually is tricky to be honest, not all that my doctor suggests work either.
Original post by Ciel.

there's lots of good tips on it too

Well, i'm not sure abt sea moss, but black seed oil and honey gummies are good if you haven't tried it.
Reply 18
Original post by Bronfenbrennerzy
Well, i'm not sure abt sea moss, but black seed oil and honey gummies are good if you haven't tried it.

thanks will check them out
Reply 19
Original post by Ciel.

Clue's in the name: supplement.

No tablet has anywhere near the amounts of vitamins and minerals to give your body 100% of your Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA), and there's everything else you need, like protein etc. You've still got to eat a balanced diet.

Quick Reply

Latest