The Student Room Group

Btec business unit 6 exam - principles of management

So I just sat my unit 6 exam for business and I feel..meh. I wrote a detailed report linking back to goals etc but I ran out of time for the presentation part and didn’t get to finish the paragraphs😭 I wrote the points on the slide but basically didn’t get the time to finish explaining them but again the report was detailed. Do y’all think I might still get a distinction considering the report was detailed and the presentation was good on the issues side? What grade d’you think I’ll get and would I get capped for it?😭😭
Original post by Thepanda13
So I just sat my unit 6 exam for business and I feel..meh. I wrote a detailed report linking back to goals etc but I ran out of time for the presentation part and didn’t get to finish the paragraphs😭 I wrote the points on the slide but basically didn’t get the time to finish explaining them but again the report was detailed. Do y’all think I might still get a distinction considering the report was detailed and the presentation was good on the issues side? What grade d’you think I’ll get and would I get capped for it?😭😭

Brooooo same I don't know if it's enough though arghh

Hopefully the grade boundary gets lowered if everyone did badly enough
Reply 2
Original post by greenmean
Brooooo same I don't know if it's enough though arghh

Hopefully the grade boundary gets lowered if everyone did badly enough

Omggg. The 3 hours went so quickkk. I spent way too much time on the report and tbh because of the question for the presentation, a lot of people were my school were confused so I’m hoping other schools found it the same😂
I just need a merit/distinction tbh😂
Original post by Thepanda13
Omggg. The 3 hours went so quickkk. I spent way too much time on the report and tbh because of the question for the presentation, a lot of people were my school were confused so I’m hoping other schools found it the same😂
I just need a merit/distinction tbh😂

Literally in the same boat as you except I misread the presentation question and didn't mention Fabio's specific goals ARGH!!! Really hoping the rest of the stuff I did was decent enough for a merit at least because if I have a pass in unit 6 I'll need a Distinction in Unit 7 and boyyyyy that unit is not a joke :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by greenmean
Literally in the same boat as you except I misread the presentation question and didn't mention Fabio's specific goals ARGH!!! Really hoping the rest of the stuff I did was decent enough for a merit at least because if I have a pass in unit 6 I'll need a Distinction in Unit 7 and boyyyyy that unit is not a joke :biggrin:

We’ll be okay I hopeee. I didn’t even get time to finish my recommendations. For some reason, our school didn’t tell us how much time we had left throughout the exam until the last 3 mins 😭😭 so yeah I’m just hoping we get a merittt
Reply 5
Do anyone of you lot rememeber what the question was for both of the activities in this exam?? I’m stressing out I felt I could have done better**
Reply 6
Original post by H._jabar
Do anyone of you lot rememeber what the question was for both of the activities in this exam?? I’m stressing out I felt I could have done better**

For the presentation, it was something about culture in each divisions and the report was reasons why the restaurant division had to close and recommendations of what could have been done to avoid it
Reply 7
Okay thanks what sort of issues could you have used to talk about in the report? What are some of the issues you could have used?
Reply 8
And also what are the sort of the things you could have used for recommendation?
Reply 9
Original post by H._jabar
Okay thanks what sort of issues could you have used to talk about in the report? What are some of the issues you could have used?

In the report, I did poor cash flow, poor leadership and unforeseen events. And recommendations for cash flow was to introduce non financial motivators and training(for leadership and unforeseen event)
What about the restaurant staff being overpaid? And Katrina having too many managers to consult with (15 managers)? And for recommendation Would it be fine if I talked about upskilling and reskilling the staff?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending