The Student Room Group

Is emirates a nice airline?

Going economy obvs. Usually fly with BA but their prices to Dubai were much more expensive. Anyone had any awful experience with emirates?
Reply 1
Emirates are slightly dearer but they are a good airline to travel with - Quatar good too. Etihad the favourite (better than Emirates) and best all round airline for service, comfort and efficiency.
Original post by Amydesigns1104
Going economy obvs. Usually fly with BA but their prices to Dubai were much more expensive. Anyone had any awful experience with emirates?

Emirates is a top-10 airline. Better than BA in my opinion.
LOL! It's not hard to be better than BA. EK service is good and their eco seats r better than some others and they have decent IFE.

As for QR well... at least EK has not had scandal like QR who I will never fly again. This repels me utterly:

https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/10/27/women-reportedly-subjected-forced-gynecological-exams-qatar#

btw your British (or Kiwi or Aussie) nationality will not protect you from this kind of forced invasion if they decide to do it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8896401/Two-British-women-forced-undergo-intimate-medical-examinations-Qatar-airport.html

Always they love to cover up abuses like this but this wasn't a totally isolated incident.

"The later revelation that women on a total of 10 flights in Doha earlier this month were subjected to invasive vaginal exams has spiraled into a public relations catastrophe for Qatar, a tiny energy-rich state on the Arabian Peninsula that will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup." (quoted from the story above).

True that's Qatar... but it helps to bear in mind that EK's base is also a Gulf State where human rights are not compatible with what you might believe especially as a woman.
Reply 4
Its an extremely good airline, hence why it wins (or places) in most of the airline competitions. Infinitely better than BA. The only downside is spending hours in layover at Dubai.
Personally, id prefer Singapore airlines but Emirates itself is certainly not bad, if youre lucky they upgrade you every now ands then and their business class is great as well.

Quick Reply

Latest