Lyla23
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hey I’m a newly homeschooled year9 and I was wondering what is the best way to start health and social as Iv never studied it before. What topic should I start on? Any websites? Books?? Ect. Thankyou
snowball_cat
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Hi, I didn't take health and social care for GCSE but I took it as a level 3 qualification (sixth form).

The best thing to get started is to look at the news, both from the past and present, as you will probably have discussions about them in class.
You will probably study different groups of people such as different age groups, those with disabilities, workers in health, social and childcare environments so just thinking about those different groups, how they may be cared for compared to others etc. will probably be fine.

Wishing you the best of luck!
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Lyla23)
Hey I’m a newly homeschooled year9 and I was wondering what is the best way to start health and social as Iv never studied it before. What topic should I start on? Any websites? Books?? Ect. Thankyou
Some great advice above. Have you also taken a look at the spec for the qualification you're studying?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (70)
12.7%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.63%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.77%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
7.99%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (268)
48.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.27%

Watched Threads