What kind of chat up line can you use on a girl at a shopping centre cafe?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Where I live there's a shopping centre in town and a cafe. Basically I noticed it is very popular with girls because there are loads of clothes shops in that part of the shopping centre and they go and hang out there. I have been back and it has a flirty atmosphere and I do think girls also go there maybe hoping to get talking to a guy. I don't know what to say to a girl in a place like that though, I mean this girl glanced at me a few times when I was in there but I didn't talk to her. What is a good chat up line on a girl in a place like that without sounding creepy?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Where I live there's a shopping centre in town and a cafe. Basically I noticed it is very popular with girls because there are loads of clothes shops in that part of the shopping centre and they go and hang out there. I have been back and it has a flirty atmosphere and I do think girls also go there maybe hoping to get talking to a guy. I don't know what to say to a girl in a place like that though, I mean this girl glanced at me a few times when I was in there but I didn't talk to her. What is a good chat up line on a girl in a place like that without sounding creepy?
generally, girls won't appreciate being approached by strangers in a place like that...
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I'm desperate. Please take pity on me?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Yes but why is it when I go to the uni bar, pubs, clubs when they were open, girls ignore me. The girls at my uni either all have boyfriends, or they aren't interested and stare at their phone or walk off when I try to approach them. It drains the life out of me to be honest. But I go to the shopping centre and sit at a cafe and when I go there girls look over at me in a flirty way like they want me to approach them. So does anyone have any ideas please.
Crazed cat lady
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Yes but why is it when I go to the uni bar, pubs, clubs when they were open, girls ignore me. The girls at my uni either all have boyfriends, or they aren't interested and stare at their phone or walk off when I try to approach them. It drains the life out of me to be honest. But I go to the shopping centre and sit at a cafe and when I go there girls look over at me in a flirty way like they want me to approach them. So does anyone have any ideas please.
So if women you come into contact with aren’t all the interested in you, why do you think random women in shopping centre cafe are going to get wet when you come out with a clumsy chat up line?

You are just setting yourself up for disappointment.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Try a smile, an amusing quip and perhaps a compliment. Be very cautious about girls working in retail guys coming on to them becomes an occupational hazard
ROTL94 2
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
'I promise I am NOT on a register'
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
For all you know, she was looking to see how long the queue for the toilet was. I would be super creeped out if a guy tried to flirt with me in a coffee shop when I was just there minding my own business.
Last edited by black tea; 1 week ago
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I don't think that you are experienced enough to discern what it looks like when women want to be approached
xobeauty
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Wow aren’t you refreshing.. actually talking about meeting people in real life rather than tinder.

The last person who approached me at the mall asked me where the food court was. Maybe ask for directions and then go on from there.

Don’t listen to these people. I give you props for having the confidence to approach women in real life. I don’t see anything creepy as long as you are respectful and can read the room, if she looks busy don’t bother her. Idk how people expect to meet others if we don’t approach eachother. Not everyone is into online dating.
Last edited by xobeauty; 1 week ago
the bear
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
hey babes don't worry it's just my wallet
Muttly
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If that is your tactical move you would have to have an excuse and be 200% genuine otherwise I think security might be coming across and having a quiet chat with you?

It could be that most online daters are choosing to meet at the cafe because its public, open and normally there are CCTV cameras about for safety. If it doesn't work out you can go clothes shopping afterwards. Win Win.

Can you borrow someone's cute (puppy) dog and just dog sit? A dog is usually a very good talking point (avoid the pits bulls etc) Trouble is someone is likely to nick off with it these days.

Can you join a beginner running, cycling group?

Anything where there is distraction from you as a person because I sense your nervousness is likely to be very apparent?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
22.18%
Note taking apps (6)
2.51%
Flashcards (45)
18.83%
Revision guides (15)
6.28%
Past papers (112)
46.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.35%

Watched Threads