Support with childcare costs whilst at university?

Watch
nic0lajane
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, I am going to university in September as a mature student with 2 children. 1 in primary school and one in nursery. I know there is help out there towards childcare/nursery costs but I am wondering if there is help that is gaurenteed regardless of personal circumstances. My husband earns a good wage but despite this he will be unable to support me at University and pay for childcare because our finances are being cut in half in order for me to go to Uni. I am wondering if the childcare loans and grants are all means tested and how I can find out what I am entitled too, prior to student finance application. This is because applications don't open until March but I will have to hand my notice in at work around that time if I am definitely going to go and the application process will take some time before I get an answer. Thanks
Last edited by nic0lajane; 1 week ago
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nic0lajane)
Hello, I am going to university in September as a mature student with 2 children. 1 in primary school and one in nursery. I know there is help out there towards childcare/nursery costs but I am wondering if there is help that is gaurenteed regardless of personal circumstances. My husband earns a good wage but despite this he will be unable to support me at University and pay for childcare because our finances are being cut in half in order for me to go to Uni. I am wondering if the childcare loans and grants are all means tested and how I can find out what I am entitled too, prior to student finance application. This is because applications don't open until March but I will have to hand my notice in at work around that time if I am definitely going to go and the application process will take some time before I get an answer. Thanks
Hi,

No one can give you a definite answer as it is means tested so will be based on your partners income. Itll be the tax year 20/21 i believe. Do you roughly knoww his earnings for that tax year?
nic0lajane
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Shirohige)
Hi,

No one can give you a definite answer as it is means tested so will be based on your partners income. Itll be the tax year 20/21 i believe. Do you roughly knoww his earnings for that tax year?
Thanks, I'm not sure to be honest, is there any indication of what the earning bracket is?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.29%
October 2021 (221)
44.74%
November 2021 (57)
11.54%
December 2021 (64)
12.96%
January 2021 (58)
11.74%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.7%