pass requirement in engineering in uk

Watch this thread
dsr123
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
what is the pass requirements in each semester to move the next semester
History98
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
40% should be enough to get you through from semester to semester, although you might have difficulty finding a job if you end up graduating with just a pass. Even a 2:2 degree isn't ideal at all. I am personally yet to meet anyone who finished with just a pass. If you are on an MEng programme, the university will most likely drop you and put you on the BEng programme if you are not on course to get a 2:1
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by dsr123)
what is the pass requirements in each semester to move the next semester
The university will provide the specific requirements in detail, maybe in its academic regulations handbook, but as History98 says the general requirement is 40%. You will be required to pass each module, and 40% if the minimum figure for this. Depending on whether the university runs December/January exams, in the event that you fail one of them, you will likely still go on to the next semester, but have to resit the exam sometime in the summer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (87)
66.92%
No (29)
22.31%
I didn't use it to prepare (14)
10.77%

Watched Threads