I have a problem with editing a bit of my UCAS application

Watch
Pluto bat
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I am reapplying to uni and have listed my previous uni and stated that I won't be receiving any qualifications (I dropped out).

The problem is Cardiff University wasn't an option so I chose the closest one which was listed as University of Wales Inst. Cardiff, Cardiff and was going to go back and change it. I have now gone back several times to change it but it just won't allow me to even save. It only allows me to cancel.

What do I do??
leahrilou
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Pluto bat)
I am reapplying to uni and have listed my previous uni and stated that I won't be receiving any qualifications (I dropped out).

The problem is Cardiff University wasn't an option so I chose the closest one which was listed as University of Wales Inst. Cardiff, Cardiff and was going to go back and change it. I have now gone back several times to change it but it just won't allow me to even save. It only allows me to cancel.

What do I do??
I'm not 100% certain but I'm aware that you can only change the universities in the first 7 or 14 (can't remember which one) days of your application being sent off. If that times past it won't let you change but if it hasn't and there's still a problem I'd definitely email UCAS to see what they can do to help.
Last edited by leahrilou; 4 days ago
Pluto bat
Rep:
(Original post by leahrilou)
I'm not 100% certain but I'm aware that you can only change the universities in the first 7 or 14 (can't remember which one) days of your application being sent off. If that times past it won't let you change but if it hasn't and there's still a problem I'd definitely email UCAS to see what they can do to help
The thing is I haven't even sent it off but at this point im wondering if I should just send it off then change it because ive been trying for days and it just won't let me change.
leahrilou
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
The thing is I haven't even sent it off but at this point im wondering if I should just send it off then change it because ive been trying for days and it just won't let me change.
if you've not sent it off yet make sure there isn't 5 choices already there and that when you go to save you've completed all the drop down boxes like what year you start etc before you try to save. Maybe deleting the choices and starting again may help also? If not as annoying as it is it may be best to contact them
Pluto bat
Rep:
(Original post by leahrilou)
if you've not sent it off yet make sure there isn't 5 choices already there and that when you go to save you've completed all the drop down boxes like what year you start etc before you try to save. Maybe deleting the choices and starting again may help also? If not as annoying as it is it may be best to contact them
Sorry Ive probably worded this badly - I mean this is in the education section. So I previously attended cardiff uni for a few months but I dropped out. I still need to put cardiff university there obviously but its not even an option? and when i try just typing it in manually and saving it won't allow it. I have checked everything and tried deleting the section and redoing it. but i might just have to contact them
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Yup, this is one for a call to UCAS.
leahrilou
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Sorry Ive probably worded this badly - I mean this is in the education section. So I previously attended cardiff uni for a few months but I dropped out. I still need to put cardiff university there obviously but its not even an option? and when i try just typing it in manually and saving it won't allow it. I have checked everything and tried deleting the section and redoing it. but i might just have to contact them
Ohhh - I understand, I'd definitely contact them because there may be some issues which what you're able to enter in terms of universities. Hope you get it sorted!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (72)
13.02%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.63%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.68%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
7.96%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (268)
48.46%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise