Can you get an NSU / urethritis from protected sex?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 hour ago
Hi all
wondering if there are others out there who have experience in this or can offer some advice

had sex with a friend (female) back in the end of Nov, used condom for both oral and vaginal peneration. she used her hands to give me a HJ but also with condom on.

all good, but then a week later, my penis starts burning and I'm peeing a lot more than usual. so immediately, red flags are going, so I get tested for chlamydia and gonorrhoea, which comes back negative. as I panicked and got tested within the two week window, I took another test for chlamydia and gonorrhoea when the two week window was over, and this was also negative.

I'd read about NSUs online, but a sexual health nurse told me if I had used a condom for both oral and vaginal sex, then i couldn't have an NSU. do you think she's right? has anyone ever heard of an NSU being spread with fully protected sex?

my symptoms went away for a few weeks but came back. I went the GP route and have been given tablets for male thrush (lol) which did nothing. testing for UTIs came back negative, as did a urine sample sent by my GP to a lab for further bacterial analysis.

so I'm back to the NGU/NSU drawing board and have an appt next week to get swabbed. but this is driving me crazy - is it really possible to get NSU from fully protected sex? I also like to do anal play alone sometimes and figured maybe I got some bacteria from my anus into my urethra. but I'm not sure.

I feel like never having sex again - any help or advice would be super appreciated. just to talk about this would be a load off.

take care out there.
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 minutes ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi all
wondering if there are others out there who have experience in this or can offer some advice

had sex with a friend (female) back in the end of Nov, used condom for both oral and vaginal peneration. she used her hands to give me a HJ but also with condom on.

all good, but then a week later, my penis starts burning and I'm peeing a lot more than usual. so immediately, red flags are going, so I get tested for chlamydia and gonorrhoea, which comes back negative. as I panicked and got tested within the two week window, I took another test for chlamydia and gonorrhoea when the two week window was over, and this was also negative.

I'd read about NSUs online, but a sexual health nurse told me if I had used a condom for both oral and vaginal sex, then i couldn't have an NSU. do you think she's right? has anyone ever heard of an NSU being spread with fully protected sex?

my symptoms went away for a few weeks but came back. I went the GP route and have been given tablets for male thrush (lol) which did nothing. testing for UTIs came back negative, as did a urine sample sent by my GP to a lab for further bacterial analysis.

so I'm back to the NGU/NSU drawing board and have an appt next week to get swabbed. but this is driving me crazy - is it really possible to get NSU from fully protected sex? I also like to do anal play alone sometimes and figured maybe I got some bacteria from my anus into my urethra. but I'm not sure.

I feel like never having sex again - any help or advice would be super appreciated. just to talk about this would be a load off.

take care out there.
Unprotected sex provides bleeding ground for sexually infections to be spread to others especially with for example - one nighters including unplanned pregnancy in woman.
Protecting yourself with using a condom will help you not getting things like you said.. Be safe in future as learn from this ok.

Usually sexual health nurses are straight to people on things like this.

I'm not a sexual health nurse but I'm a NHS registered midwife.

===================================
Non Specific Urethritis
NSU can be passed on sexually during unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex as the organisms which cause the inflammation can pass into the urethra. It can occur in any sexually active man and you do not need to have had lots of sexual partners. Remember not all cases are caused by a sexually transmitted infection.

Can NSU be transmitted sexually...........
The infection can easily be caught through vaginal sex. It can also be acquired through anal or oral sex, although this is less common. NSU can sometimes occur without being sexually transmitted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (44)
12.36%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (7)
1.97%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (85)
23.88%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (31)
8.71%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (177)
49.72%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed