The Student Room Group

i'm not in the wrong am I

my friend just got a new bf and she introduced him to me in a group chat on Instagram because she wanted us to be friends. This was three days ago btw. He texted me privately and we were just texting to make friends because thats what she wanted and it was all strictly innocent and platonic. suddenly out if nowhere he texted me saying she doesn't want him to text me anymore and we should text on the GC and then he said that she was crying and said she doesn't want us to have contact or text at all to him. I was really annoyed because she didn't text me at first? She also left the gc and I'm also confused because she's saying nothing to me at all and I did nothing wrong. idk what do u guys think
No, you are not in the wrong. :smile:
It sounds like your friend has some serious issues connected with insecurity or jealousy of her bf talking to other females.
Try not to take it personally, this type of behaviour tends to ruin friendships and relationships.
Reply 2
If it was completely platonic, then no, you are not in the wrong, especially as it was her who told you to make friends with him. She seems to have just underestimated how jealous she would get. Crying and leaving the group chat is very excessive considering it was her idea in the first place, and as the post above me says, she seems to have some deep rooted insecurity issues. Don't worry about it.
Reply 3
Original post by jayls
If it was completely platonic, then no, you are not in the wrong, especially as it was her who told you to make friends with him. She seems to have just underestimated how jealous she would get. Crying and leaving the group chat is very excessive considering it was her idea in the first place, and as the post above me says, she seems to have some deep rooted insecurity issues. Don't worry about it.

She just blocked me on WhatsApp and unfollowed me on Instagram I really don't know what I did wrong
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
She just blocked me on WhatsApp and unfollowed me on Instagram I really don't know what I did wrong

it's her fault. I would just give up on a friend like that. Something similar happened to once and I didn't want to lose a friend over something stupid like that so I apologised. it happened again and again until one day I got tired and ended everything.

You didn't do anything wrong. She created the situation, and now she's overreacting to it. She is the one in the wrong. To be honest, you're better off without people like that in your life.
Reply 6
You didn't do anything wrong. She created the situation, and now she's overreacting to it. She is the one in the wrong. To be honest, you're better off without people like that in your life.

Didn't mean to post that on anonymous
my friend just got a new bf and she introduced him to me in a group chat on Instagram because she wanted us to be friends. This was three days ago btw. He texted me privately and we were just texting to make friends because thats what she wanted and it was all strictly innocent and platonic. suddenly out if nowhere he texted me saying she doesn't want him to text me anymore and we should text on the GC and then he said that she was crying and said she doesn't want us to have contact or text at all to him. I was really annoyed because she didn't text me at first? She also left the gc and I'm also confused because she's saying nothing to me at all and I did nothing wrong. idk what do u guys think

explain to her that nothing is going on between you and her bf and that you wont message him again or something like that
Reply 8
Original post by wefowejwef
explain to her that nothing is going on between you and her bf and that you wont message him again or something like that

I did and she left me on read and then blocked me lmao, it's insulting that she thinks I would do something like that, I've known the guy for 3 days and I'm not that sort of person
Reply 9
Original post by hikahika
it's her fault. I would just give up on a friend like that. Something similar happened to once and I didn't want to lose a friend over something stupid like that so I apologised. it happened again and again until one day I got tired and ended everything.

I know I should but it came out of nowhere she was texting me normally that morning
Original post by londonmyst
It sounds like your friend has some serious issues connected with insecurity or jealousy of her bf talking to other females.
Try not to take it personally, this type of behaviour tends to ruin friendships and relationships.

Original post by jayls
Didn't mean to post that on anonymous

Ok thank you. I'm going to try to stop feeling bad and awful for no reason
Original post by londonmyst

❤️❤️ thanks that's made me feel better

Latest

Trending

Trending