The Student Room Group

Changing course via clearing

Hi there
I'm a mature student currently studying an Access course in science.

Wondering if...
I apply for Pharmacy but don't get in can I get into other courses like e.g. Radiography via clearing? Or is it the case that if I don't get in then that's it I have to apply via clearing only for pharmacy again.
Original post by Mr.Indecisive
Hi there

Wondering if...
I apply for Pharmacy but don't get in can I get into other courses like e.g. Radiography via clearing? Or is it the case that if I don't get in then that's it I have to apply via clearing only for pharmacy again.

You can apply for whatever you want via clearing, but you'll need to be able to answer why you've changed minds on your subject.
Look at Pharmacology - more often in Clearing than Radiography.
Original post by McGinger
Look at Pharmacology - more often in Clearing than Radiography.

hi how do you know pharmacology is often in clearing?
Original post by katiecollyer1
hi how do you know pharmacology is often in clearing?

Because she is an admissions tutor and has seen for years what is in clearing, Radiography .is very competitive and every year there are students getiing rejected with or exceeding required grades.
Original post by swanseajack1
Because she is an admissions tutor and has seen for years what is in clearing, Radiography .is very competitive and every year there are students getiing rejected with or exceeding required grades.

i am looking to do pharmacology but worried about not getting the grades lol not interested in radiography
Original post by Mr.Indecisive
Hi there

Wondering if...

At present degrees in the medical fields are very competitive and have high rejection rates. You would be able to apply to any subject. The problem you might have is that the access to sciences course tend not to focus much on Physics and Maths and it is those subjects that are necessary for Radiography. There are numerous other roles you could look into such as genetics and already mentioned Pharmacology. Have a good look at the options and see what subjects are likely to be open to you.

I attach below info from Swansea University Medical School to help you for differing courses for the NHS

https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/medicine/
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=c7b17e01d7fd2e01e6dbedbdde56ec6cee7b5510bcc03b68f6a35431989fabafJmltdHM9MTY1NTM3OTYzOCZpZ3VpZD02ZjE2ZGI2Ny1iY2RkLTQ4ZjctOGZiMS0yM2FiOThmOTBlNzMmaW5zaWQ9NTE4NQ&ptn=3&fclid=246f30e5-ed69-11ec-ad1d-5b0ad9a29c53&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc3dhbnNlYS5hYy51ay9tZWRpY2luZS1oZWFsdGgtbGlmZS1zY2llbmNlLw&ntb=1
Original post by katiecollyer1
i am looking to do pharmacology

Some course are still open for applications now.
Check on UCAS Search, then phone the Unis to double-check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending