The Student Room Group

Dont judge me (uni bathroom question)

Ik this is weird but obviously in uni bathrooms you either get the shower separate from the rest of the bathroom or on the same floor like a wet room.

I cannot standdd the idea of a wet room floor like it's making me go off of unis lol and Ik that's stupid but I have a weird thing about the water being all over the floor and the whole bathroom floor being wet. Especially because it's usually grimy tiles or that weird cheap material.

I know I sound snobby but my therapist thinks I might have OCD/phobia of germs. I think I'm just used to my house bathrooms lol.

Do you think it's dumb asking unis if they can give me a bathroom with a separate shower LOLLLLL
You normally wear flip flops to protect yourself from foot fungus and so on.
Reply 2
Well I mean Ik it's dumb but I don't wanna apply to accom and get a wet room because I'll probs have to drop out after 5 mins LMAO
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
You normally wear flip flops to protect yourself from foot fungus and so on.

Even in an ensuite?
Even in an ensuite?

My ensuite was last year
This year i'm in a shared house and its basically a wet room again. I wear crocs (can't stand the feeling of flipflops) but they work pretty well :smile:
Ik this is weird but obviously in uni bathrooms you either get the shower separate from the rest of the bathroom or on the same floor like a wet room.

I cannot standdd the idea of a wet room floor like it's making me go off of unis lol and Ik that's stupid but I have a weird thing about the water being all over the floor and the whole bathroom floor being wet. Especially because it's usually grimy tiles or that weird cheap material.

I know I sound snobby but my therapist thinks I might have OCD/phobia of germs. I think I'm just used to my house bathrooms lol.

Do you think it's dumb asking unis if they can give me a bathroom with a separate shower LOLLLLL

Hi!

It depends what university you're going to and what types of accommodation they offer. I live in Athena Hall which is on campus accommodation at UOS and all of the rooms are en-suite, and they all have a separate shower. This is the case for all of the rooms except disabled ones which are wet rooms. Take some time to look into the different accommodation types that your chosen university offers and see if you can find ones with separate showers! They will be happy to answer any of your questions and point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Jess (2nd year photography student)
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Chronoscope
My ensuite was last year
This year i'm in a shared house and its basically a wet room again. I wear crocs (can't stand the feeling of flipflops) but they work pretty well :smile:

Does the water actually go all over the floor near the toilet/sink or am I just being dramatic lol. Ik there's a shower curtain but unless the floor where the shower part is is lowered won't it just go everywhere
Reply 7
Original post by University of Suffolk student
Hi!

It depends what university you're going to and what types of accommodation they offer. I live in Athena Hall which is on campus accommodation at UOS and all of the rooms are en-suite, and they all have a separate shower. This is the case for all of the rooms except disabled ones which are wet rooms. Take some time to look into the different accommodation types that your chosen university offers and see if you can find ones with separate showers! They will be happy to answer any of your questions and point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Jess (2nd year photography student)

I'm basing it off the pictures they post atm and using the 360 degree thing they have to look at the floor LOL but I was looking at LSBU and one accom had rooms with both wet rooms and separate showers for the same price and I doubt they'd let me be like um give me a separate shower one please lol
Does the water actually go all over the floor near the toilet/sink or am I just being dramatic lol. Ik there's a shower curtain but unless the floor where the shower part it is lowered won't it just go everywhere

It was kinda on a downwards slope but it did drain pretty quickly :yep: as long as you don't let hair gather
As long as the showerhead is pointed in an ok direction it'll usually be fine :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending