Divine.N
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello everyone!

So, I'm a French student in high school and my dream is to come to England to study medicine.
I know it’s late to apply. But I want to know if after doing and passing the 1st year of medicine in France ( I hope 🙏 btw because this is very selective too ) if I can apply directly in the 2nd grade.

If you know something about this, please tell me .
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
ecolier or GANFYD?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Divine.N)
Hello everyone!

So, I'm a French student in high school and my dream is to come to England to study medicine.
I know it’s late to apply. But I want to know if after doing and passing the 1st year of medicine in France ( I hope 🙏 btw because this is very selective too ) if I can apply directly in the 2nd grade.

It is 100% not possible I'm afraid. No UK med school accepts transfer from overseas.

(Original post by ageshallnot)
ecolier or GANFYD?

:ta: for tagging
Divine.N
Rep:
Thanks you ! To be honest I doubt that .
So, I have to apply, as usual, it will be tough but I would not give up!
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Your best option is to take a gap year and apply. There is a quota for international medical students which makes medicine a lot more competitive so you should still apply to French medical schools as a back up option. You can find the breakdown of places here
https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk...arget-intakes/
Divine.N
Rep:
Thanks!
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
ecolier is right and so is hungrysalamander.

You should apply to UK universities for year 1 entry and also French medical unis at the same time, as it is highly competitive to get a place as an international med student in the UK.

I'm afraid you wouldn't be allowed to transfer your studies to a UK uni after already having done a year in a French uni. It could be worth exploring if any French medical unis have international partnerships with UK unis so you could do a year of placement/study here - although I'm not sure if this even exists however worth you researching perhaps.
Last edited by TriplexA; 3 months ago
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hello everyone!

Is finishing your medicine study in France to apply in England to work there as a doctor not an option for you? just an idea.
papillox
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
It is 100% not possible I'm afraid. No UK med school accepts transfer from overseas.

:ta: for tagging
can you transfer to medicine in Glasgow after doing 1 yr of life science degree?
ecolier
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by papillox)
can you transfer to medicine in Glasgow after doing 1 yr of life science degree?
I don't know, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Just take a gap year and reapply for 2023 entry as I kept saying on TSR.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I don't think Glasgow has any transfer schemes for medicine, but I wouldn't recommend doing any degree for the sole purpose of transferring as you would be limited to 1 medical school and it's more competitive than taking a gap year and reapplying to 4 medical schools.
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi there.
Unfortunately I don't think this is possible to automatically transfer however upon checking the site below it does say you can apply for undergrad medicine after a year of study on another degree.
https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/medici...sintomedicine/

Best wishes.
Last edited by TriplexA; 3 months ago
Divine.N
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Is finishing your medicine study in France to apply in England to work there as a doctor not an option for you? just an idea.
(Original post by Kallisto)
Very late sorry! To answer your question is no because I prefer to study in England instead of France, I love that country and there is a better life there and most inclusive for people of color contrary to France, in my opinion.
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Very late sorry! To answer your question is no because I prefer to study in England instead of France, I love that country and there is a better life there and most inclusive for people of color contrary to France, in my opinion.
Better later than never. You have your points and your reasons and I wish you the best of luck for your studies in England.
Divine.N
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thanks, mate God bless you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (18)
36.73%
The paper was reasonable (20)
40.82%
Not feeling great about that exam... (9)
18.37%
It was TERRIBLE (2)
4.08%

Watched Threads