St Andrews waiting time

Watch
Aaronahhahhshaha
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi has anyone applied to St Andrew's and have a rough estimation on their waiting time for giving responses back my friend applied a week earlier than me and got his response yesterday so wondering if I should expect to hear back soon or not.
hannahw0255
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Aaronahhahhshaha)
Hi has anyone applied to St Andrew's and have a rough estimation on their waiting time for giving responses back my friend applied a week earlier than me and got his response yesterday so wondering if I should expect to hear back soon or not.
For me personally I applied to Oxbridge so sent my application in on the 15th October. St Andrews got back to me in mid November which was apparently fairly early compared to what I had been told in terms of expected waiting time. For instance one of my friends who applied at the same time as me heard back last week so it’s really variable. It also depends where you’re applying from, as they prioritise Scottish students to some extent from what I’ve heard. It just comes down to how they work through and discuss your application, so it’s very difficult to predict. Don’t worry about it too much, it will take as long as it takes, and at the end of the day you’d rather they spent time over all of your hard work instead of quickly brushing it to one side. Best of luck with it all! What are you applying for?
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
There is not set timetable for any Uni or course.
Most Unis dont make the bulk of offers until after the Jan deadline and final offers may not be made until May.
And when they make the offer is insignificant - they still want you.
Aaronahhahhshaha
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks your a legend your reply was really informative and calmed my nerves a little. I’m applying for Computer science and joint degree for Maths/Computer science. Hopefully you got the response you wanted from your university’s. Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (39)
22.94%
Note taking apps (5)
2.94%
Flashcards (30)
17.65%
Revision guides (5)
2.94%
Past papers (85)
50%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.53%

Watched Threads