My postcode not eligible for a contextual offer?

Watch
custardyfingers
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Good Evening. My postcode isn't avaiable for a contextual offer even though I live in a low-income area. But thats not all. The street above me, on the left of me and the right of me are all entitled for contextual offers. I am sandwiched in the middle. There's got to be something wrong with this. Can I email or call the uni regarding this. I sent an email to ACORN today as thats where they get the data from. But I think contacting the uni would be better.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
It wont make any difference - Unis use central data and they wont make an exception just because you dont agree with it.
Btw, some Unis also have contextual offers based only on your school - Bristol, Aberrysthwyth and possibly Durham and there may be others. Worth looking at.
custardyfingers
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by McGinger)
It wont make any difference - Unis use central data and they wont make an exception just because you dont agree with it.
Btw, some Unis also have contextual offers based only on your school - Bristol, Aberrysthwyth and possibly Durham and there may be others. Worth looking at.
Thanks for your comment, I will look into it thanks. Yeah I just find it strange how all the streets right next to mine are. Has to be some mistake.
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
There are 2 different deprivation indices and they are both a bit flawed. I remember one year discovering that out most deprived Y11 student by the IDACI index had parents who were a grammar school headteacher and a professional pianist. Equally, I've known genuinely deprived students in really poor circumstances who don't count.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (37)
22.16%
Note taking apps (5)
2.99%
Flashcards (29)
17.37%
Revision guides (5)
2.99%
Past papers (85)
50.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.59%

Watched Threads