waseeqali
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi Guys! I'm applying to UK unis as an intl student. So far I've chosen:
1. LSE Management
2. UCL Management science
3. KCL Economics & Management and Business Management

I still have space left for 1 more course but I don't know which one to choose between LSE Finance and UCL Economics.
My O-Levels aren't that great with 4As 1B 3C 1D (A in Math and Eng)
AS are ABB (got decreased do the way my school predicted the grades)
A_level: A*AB (B in math, giving it again in MJ22 Predicted A/A*)
I know I'm not a strong candidate for any of these courses, but between the last LSE and UCL course which do you guys think I should go for? I've written Business-Related degree throughout my PS and never mentioned management explicitly since it's called something different at every uni, so would that be an issue for a finance or econ degree?

Hope to receive some guidance.

Thank you!
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
If your predicted/achieved grades are below the entry requirements by more than one grade (and not in a vital subject) then you need to rethink. Those are mega-competitive courses at mega-competitive Unis. If you are below the entry requirements in all of them, then you risk 4 straight rejections. I'd advise you to have a least 2 safer options - look at courses at City, and other Unis that are near London but not in it - Brighton, Sussex etc.
waseeqali
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by McGinger)
If your predicted/achieved grades are below the entry requirements by more than one grade (and not in a vital subject) then you need to rethink. Those are mega-competitive courses at mega-competitive Unis. If you are below the entry requirements in all of them, then you risk 4 straight rejections. I'd advise you to have a least 2 safer options - look at courses at City, and other Unis that are near London but not in it - Brighton, Sussex etc.
Ond subject needs an A*AA and the others need AAA. All I lack is an A in math that's why I'm giving it again since I got a B. But what about the way I wrote my PS, do you think they may see that as an issue since it doesn't mention any of the degrees by their specific name?
Last edited by waseeqali; 3 days ago
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by waseeqali)
Ond subject needs an A*AA and the others need AAA. All I lack is an A in math that's why I'm giving it again since I got a B. But what about the way I wrote my PS, do you think they may see that as an issue since it doesn't mention any of the degrees by their specific name?
Not mentioning the degree names won't be an issue; as mentioned above, your grades will be.

Why only those 3 universities?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
I would pick a safe option for your 5th choice just in case the B doesn’t go up to an A
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise