What is your favourite university city?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
What city in your opinion is the nicest looking/ most to do outside of London? I want the balance of a prestigious university alongside a good undergraduate experience.

(To study economics)
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Manchester.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Oxford 😍
Lancaster University
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What city in your opinion is the nicest looking/ most to do outside of London? I want the balance of a prestigious university alongside a good undergraduate experience.

(To study economics)
Hi,

This really depends on what city experience you want. For example, as someone who came from a small town, I wanted a city that wasn't to big and near to the green spaces (both for my degree and me). Because of that I chose Lancaster and I love it.

But if you want a "fuller" city experience where the university is in the center of the city you may prefer somewhere like Manchester or Liverpool. I have visited my friends at Manchester university and loved the city too, but it just wasn't for me.

I would advise visiting the universities that appeal to you most and the cities they are in so you can get an feel for the atmosphere. That's what solidified me putting Lancaster as first choice for me.

Hope this helps,
Jake
gjd800
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Oxon
Joinedup
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Newcastle's good IMO. All the usual big city amenities in a compact city that doesn't sprawl too much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads