Getting out of ur head on a date

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Lately on dates I’ve been too in my head and can only talk intellectually and find it hard to be open. Keep getting told I’m hard to get to know and have lots of barriers. It’s not attractive. But I get so nervous and lack confidence even in my body. How can I change this next time? Btw I’m a young woman.

Thanks
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
You can't exactly leave your head at home.
Spoiler:
Show
On a serious note, some men will be intimidated by your intelligence but you might find someone who can have an intellectual conversation at the same level at you.
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
You can't exactly leave your head at home.
Spoiler:
Show
On a serious note, some men will be intimidated by your intelligence but you might find someone who can have an intellectual conversation at the same level at you.
:rofl:

I mean even if they are also intellectual it stops any sparks or intimacy tbh I go very deadpan and detached out of nerves and don’t know how to hype myself up for match their energy :/ I think they find it really boring I’m not usually like that but it’s nerves and I feel like they don’t find intellectual that sexy so I get insecure
Anonymous #1
Tips from girls maybe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%