When you recognise a Twitter account as belonging to a TSRian…

Watch
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Cancelled Alice)
Reading about this organisation’s murky past which involved campaigning for rights for paedos lead me down that rabbit hole.
https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.uk

I was one of those ‘good liberals’ who felt sorry for them, I’ve since been peaked. Perpetrators are never more important than victims.
I remember past TSR discussions between Summer 2018- Autumn 2020 about PIE, MAPS and the "paedophobia" campaign by online paedophiles & their allies

My parents were up to their necks in that load of vile dangerous bull during the 70s and didn't snap out of it for nearly four decades.
You read about some of it, I lived it.
So many tua's and Labour militant era activists allowed themselves to be duped.
Except Jack Dromey who had the guts & foresight to see the devious predators of PIE for what they really were and fight to keep them at bay. RIP.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Well https://twitter.com/coolcavy isn't me - despite the blatant name theft
Unrelated, but Guinea pig teeth are so cute
coco:)
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by coco:))
I found someone I know in real life on here just an hour ago...
What on earth I just found another one... my old school apparently lives on TSR. I want to reply to the thread but then I will be very much exposed...
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Little pecker)
Well what do you expect, don’t think anyone would enjoy being insulted for just existing would they.
TSR is not the right venue to be defending registered sexual offenders convicted of paedophilia related crimes in the uk.
Nor those perverted keyboard warriors who seek to portray a minimum age of legal sexual consent intended to prevent adults from having any sexual involvement with under 12s as bigotry and sadistic child cruelty.
Cancelled Alice
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
I remember past TSR discussions between Summer 2018- Autumn 2020 about PIE, MAPS and the "paedophobia" campaign by online paedophiles & their allies

My parents were up to their necks in that load of vile dangerous bull during the 70s and didn't snap out of it for nearly four decades.
Except Jack Dromey who had the guts & foresight to see the devious predators of PIE for what they really were and fight to keep them at bay. RIP.
Yeah I remember those discussions too, I thought you might too.

I can’t imagine how damaging it would be like be embroiled in that world where support for paedophillia is made out to be morally right. The movement did a very good job at reversing victim and offender in the minds of certain individuals.
Sorry for your experiences.
Cancelled Alice
Rep:
(Original post by Little pecker)
Well what do you expect, don’t think anyone would enjoy being insulted for just existing would they.
But they don’t just exist, do they.

The vast majority of people understand what the word paedophile means, truths shouldn’t be hidden in word salad that try to skip the point and like others have said here isn’t really the place.
Last edited by Cancelled Alice; 4 days ago
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Cancelled Alice)
Twitter clearly has a two tiered system which favours those that align themselves with left wing adjacent ideologies.
Right, allowing the proliferation of neo-nazi accounts and organising on twitter, while banning anyone that uses the term "TERF" is clearly in favour of those aligning to left wing adjacent ideologies.

It's truly wild how far those with, to use your terminology "right wing adjacent ideologies" go to create a victim narrative for themselves...

Twitter literally made a statement they wouldn't do anything to try and crackdown on white nationalism on twitter, because the algorithms it used to do so affected many with "right wing adjacent ideologies" and they didn't want to be accused of being against the right wing (ironically of course this was simply because the algorithm worked as intended, which tells you a lot about right wing people).

The only place where they do that? France and Germany, where they have to by law hide any material relating to Nazism.
Cote1
Rep:
Report 4 days ago

That must have been hard to live with.
Cancelled Alice
Rep:
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Right, allowing the proliferation of neo-nazi accounts and organising on twitter, while banning anyone that uses the term "TERF" is clearly in favour of those aligning to left wing adjacent ideologies.

It's truly wild how far those with, to use your terminology "right wing adjacent ideologies" go to create a victim narrative for themselves...

Twitter literally made a statement they wouldn't do anything to try and crackdown on white nationalism on twitter, because the algorithms it used to do so affected many with "right wing adjacent ideologies" and they didn't want to be accused of being against the right wing (ironically of course this was simply because the algorithm worked as intended, which tells you a lot about right wing people).

The only place where they do that? France and Germany, where they have to by law hide any material relating to Nazism.
Ooooh look who’s popped up.
It’s demonstrably not true that using the word TERF would ordinarily result in a ban, you can even string the word TERF together with sexually threatening language and still not get band. It’s amazing how certain individuals like to turn having limits on the abuse that they can dish out to people that care about women and girls in to victimhood. https://twitter.com/tphuth94/status/1305587008916647936
Twitter admitted that their algorithms aren’t for purpose- how does that prove anything but their algorithm is anything but fit for purpose?
Last edited by Cancelled Alice; 4 days ago
CoolCavy
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Unrelated, but Guinea pig teeth are so cute
Teefs

*not my photo
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Teefs

*not my photo
Such beautiful incisors :gah:
CoochieMan
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
Wouldn't have been hard to find mine when I had Twitter considering it was the same bloody username. Didn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to work that one out.
Did I skip a few chapters? What happened to ROTL94 1?
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Guessing it's against the law to spill anything
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Absolutely right there - PRSOM. A great loss.
ROTL94 2
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Did I skip a few chapters? What happened to ROTL94 1?
Name:  i am rotl94.png
Views: 5
Size:  151.2 KB
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Yes, similar has happened to me (on both sides of the experience)

There was a time when people advertised their twitter handle in their signatures
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (74)
13.31%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.62%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.54%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
7.91%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (269)
48.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.24%

Watched Threads