how can I balance my time and progressively make revision material

Watch
JA03
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
should I use my frees to finish any notes (bc my bio teacher goes so fast) and make flashcards for each lesson after School (except Tuesdays - I got work) or do something else, bc IM SO BEHIND and I got AS exams this year and im really scared.
I work usually 7.5 hours a week and I have to babysit on Saturdays and I got almost no sleep bc I spend all my time revising when I could be doing something else.

CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
I always used my free’s productively. I didn’t directly make notes though, I used it to understand whatever we learnt that day… or whatever we were about to learn. So this involved stuff like researching around the topic, and just thinking. I’ll make a flashcard on the science subjects if needed.

I say using frees effectively is probably the most important thing you can do during your A level studies. It not only prepares you for your next lesson, it also shows commitment and determination.
JA03
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
I always used my free’s productively. I didn’t directly make notes though, I used it to understand whatever we learnt that day… or whatever we were about to learn. So this involved stuff like researching around the topic, and just thinking. I’ll make a flashcard on the science subjects if needed.

I say using frees effectively is probably the most important thing you can do during your A level studies. It not only prepares you for your next lesson, it also shows commitment and determination.
how do I prepare for my lessons, I don't really know what they're going to do the lesson on. and I do geography
Advertisement
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by JA03)
how do I prepare for my lessons, I don't really know what they're going to do the lesson on. and I do geography

Teacher’s normally follow the specification point of your subject whenever they teach something. You can find it online by simply typing your subject (with exam board) specification on Google

Either that or they follow the pages in the text book in chronological order, this is to help with building up on previous knowledge. If however, these two things doesn’t apply to your teachers then you might want to start asking them after class what the next lesson will be on.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 5 days ago
JA03
Rep:
Teacher’s normally follow the specification point of your subject whenever they teach something. You can find it online by simply typing your subject (with exam board) specification on Google

Either that or they follow the pages in the text book in chronological order, this is to help with building up on previous knowledge. If however, these two things doesn’t apply to your teachers then you might want to start asking them after class what the next lesson will be on.
is it possible to make the lesson notes during the lesson and then understand it after the lesson for consolidation then make revision material? im not sure if that's an A* technique bc I use flashcards and Seneca. and we get Seneca assignments and sometimes they happen before the actual topic.
Advertisement
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by JA03)
is it possible to make the lesson notes during the lesson and then understand it after the lesson for consolidation then make revision material? im not sure if that's an A* technique bc I use flashcards and Seneca. and we get Seneca assignments and sometimes they happen before the actual topic.

It isn’t a one size-fits-all approach when it comes to methods you use. You can use that approach if you find it working for you, or you can experiment with many different methods and stick to the one you like.
JA03
Rep:
It isn’t a one size-fits-all approach when it comes to methods you use. You can use that approach if you find it working for you, or you can experiment with many different methods and stick to the one you like.
thank you!! that's really helpful, and I know it makes me sound a bit needy but do you think using multiple platforms like Seneca then using an Oxford revise revision guide is and using flashcards is good? bc my system isn't the best but I finish my notes, make flashcards (hopefully getting the revision guide) then doing some Seneca (weekly) then past paper questions during the half terms
Advertisement
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by JA03)
thank you!! that's really helpful, and I know it makes me sound a bit needy but do you think using multiple platforms like Seneca then using an Oxford revise revision guide is and using flashcards is good? bc my system isn't the best but I finish my notes, make flashcards (hopefully getting the revision guide) then doing some Seneca (weekly) then past paper questions during the half terms

Honestly I can only speak from experience. I personally found Seneca unhelpful and I just relied on flashcards and spaced repetition.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (36)
21.95%
Note taking apps (5)
3.05%
Flashcards (29)
17.68%
Revision guides (5)
3.05%
Past papers (83)
50.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.66%

Watched Threads