Is 6 hours of revision needed for my situation

Watch
ds.15s
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
If im behind on work and need to seriously improve my grades is 6 hours of revision on a saturday(8-10) (11-1) (2-3)(7-8) Maths,3 sciences worth it. Im only getting 6s and 4-4 in those 3 subjects when realistically i want it to be 7/8 and 6-6 in science

Studentplug
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
Why 6 hours? Are you having exams soon? Revision needs some time, fixing it to be in 6 hours might stress you out.
OnlyTheQuack
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
It's difficult to assess in life if anything is needed, after all its a matter of perception most of the time. If you're asking on tsr whether to revise then the answer is probably that you should stop procrastinating more than anything else.
Last edited by OnlyTheQuack; 6 days ago
ds.15s
Rep:
(Original post by Studentplug)
Why 6 hours? Are you having exams soon? Revision needs some time, fixing it to be in 6 hours might stress you out.
On weekdays ill only do 2 hours a day. But i feel like i have a lot of catching up to do and weekends could help
Studentplug
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ds.15s)
On weekdays ill only do 2 hours a day. But i feel like i have a lot of catching up to do and weekends could help
Are you busy with work? You can always schedule a few hours daily for revision. It's all about time management.
ds.15s
Rep:
(Original post by Studentplug)
Are you busy with work? You can always schedule a few hours daily for revision. It's all about time management.
No im in year 11 right now. But i m still not at my target requirements for sixth form
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
There are two different things here.

If you are behind on work then you need to do the work to catch up. That isn't revision. Revision is going over things that you have already learned once, to remind yourself of how to solve a particular problem type / remember important facts / learn terminology / whatever that subject needs.

So do you need to catch up on work you have missed, or do you need to revise?
ds.15s
Rep:
(Original post by skylark2)
There are two different things here.

If you are behind on work then you need to do the work to catch up. That isn't revision. Revision is going over things that you have already learned once, to remind yourself of how to solve a particular problem type / remember important facts / learn terminology / whatever that subject needs.

So do you need to catch up on work you have missed, or do you need to revise?
Id say more i need to revise. I know the content just not that well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (32)
22.54%
Note taking apps (4)
2.82%
Flashcards (26)
18.31%
Revision guides (5)
3.52%
Past papers (69)
48.59%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
4.23%

Watched Threads