The Student Room Group

Year 11 NEA Design and tecgnology

Is a stress reliever with biomimicry hard to do as the coursework?
Is it like a stress ball ?
I'm also doing tech gsce this year
sorry please explain
Reply 4
I did really well on my DT NEA (100% :colone:) and I made a solar-powered insect house to encourage children to spend more time outdoors. To be very honest I think what you actually make is only part of it there are loads of other aspects that you have to consider if you want to do well. I suggest looking at the mark scheme and figuring out if what you're making will be able to comfortably meet the brief and all the marking criteria if not you might want to consider something else.
Reply 5
Original post by tinyperson
sorry please explain

This year i am doing my GCSE Design and Technology NEA so coursework and we were given 3 contextual challenges. I was absent for quite some while but ended up picking biomimicry out of biomimicry, fixing and solving a problem, and using a designer as influence. We have to use one of them to create a product and like analyse it a lot. Biomimicry is when a design is influenced by biological stuff like plants. I chose to do a stress reliever under biomimicry thinking nature relieves stress but now i am completely stuck
ask the teacher
Reply 7
ask the teacher

Teachers aren't actually allowed to give any specific advice just general questions to help them think about what they're doing as the work has to be their own - we can't help them specifically either.
Reply 8
Original post by coco:)
I did really well on my DT NEA (100% :colone:) and I made a solar-powered insect house to encourage children to spend more time outdoors. To be very honest I think what you actually make is only part of it there are loads of other aspects that you have to consider if you want to do well. I suggest looking at the mark scheme and figuring out if what you're making will be able to comfortably meet the brief and all the marking criteria if not you might want to consider something else.

do you think it is too late to restart now after doing up until like making a mood board after client interviews :frown:
Reply 9
ask the teacher

they arent really allowed to help
Reply 10
Original post by Kixx1
do you think it is too late to restart now after doing up until like making a mood board after client interviews :frown:

If you think it would be better for you overall and you can manage timescale wise then go for it :smile:
Maybe still go for the theme of biomimicry so you won't waste all of the work you have already done but maybe look at different products you could make instead ?? Maybe look into architecture/art deco /Ettore Sottsass / fashion that is designed after biomimicry and then you can create a product with the same style?? Furniture might be easier so you can get marks for the joints you might make. In my school were just making a part of our product. Also asking your teacher what to do might help. They might not be allowed to tell you exactly what to make but they can give you good advice still on what to do.
Biomimicry could be linked to your product having patterns that reflect nature or colours /camouflage like nature.
Just a suggestion :wink:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by superwoman2345
Maybe still go for the theme of biomimicry so you won't waste all of the work you have already done but maybe look at different products you could make instead ?? Maybe look into architecture/art deco /Ettore Sottsass / fashion that is designed after biomimicry and then you can create a product with the same style?? Furniture might be easier so you can get marks for the joints you might make. In my school were just making a part of our product. Also asking your teacher what to do might help. They might not be allowed to tell you exactly what to make but they can give you good advice still on what to do.
Biomimicry could be linked to your product having patterns that reflect nature or colours /camouflage like nature.
Just a suggestion :wink:

thank youuu
I have no clue what to write for the client evaluation

Quick Reply

Latest