Should I take a pregnancy test?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am on the pill but my bf wants me to take a pregnancy test every month or so to make sure I’m not pregnant.

Should I do this or not?
our solemn hour
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am on the pill but my bf wants me to take a pregnancy test every month or so to make sure I’m not pregnant.

Should I do this or not?
well no unless you think you got symptoms
greenmean
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago

Should I do this or not?
It'd be a waste of money, no?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If you want to- yes.
How often do you have sexual health checks?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
up to you
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If he's that bothered about the risk of you getting pregnant he should just wear a Johhny or not have sex with you. Why should you have to take regular tests to satisfy him?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Wtf? No. Take tests whenever you want to, it's your body. Tell him to wear a condom if he's that bothered.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Tell him that you will, but only if he pays for them.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
I got pregnant whilst on the pill, so it can happen even if you don't forget it or haven't been ill, however I guessed almost immediately that something was up. Only so the tests if you want to. As most others have indicated, if your bf needs more reassuring then he can either take his responsibilities or pay for the tests himself. He seems to have an issue with trust.
skylark2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If your bf is that concerned about pregnancy then you should probably use a backup contraceptive method.

I'm not sure what the tests are for. Why not just take one if you have pregnancy symptoms? It's not like you're going to be doing things differently if you find out a week or so earlier, is it? It does seem like a lot of money for no gain.
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago

Should I do this or not?
No as it's your body, not his, and if you plan things right you won't get pregnant either. But end of the day it's your own choice whether or not to let him get his way by giving into him with doing this.

Why waste money on uneccessely pregnancy tests each month just to prove to your bf you ain't either cheating on him or he doesn't want you to have kids with him......!! ( not saying you would cheat ok but it sounds like he thinks you might be as why ask you to do this otherwise ? ). Believe me no point.

Like few said ask him to pay for them if he don't trust you. I wouldn't let any man / boy dictate to me what to do in situation like this as tell them where to go.

Best thing is get him to use a condom while having deeds with you.

Pregnancy tests are only done about 7 days or more after unprotected deeds incase you think you might be pregnant. Chances are slim probably as it's all down to your ovalution date earlier on in month.

Post #9 said something about getting pregnant while on pill but the pill is 99% preventive of stopping risk of pregnancy with only 1% of possibly getting pregnant while on pill.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
If this is because your boyfriend is worried about the small chance of pregnancy whilst on the pill (rather than a trust issue), then I'd be happy to take the tests as long as he's happy to pay for them... the alternative is that he also buys and wears a condom.

Otherwise, you only really need to take one if you have symptoms or your period stops.
bethlead03
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
It’s up to you really
VictoriaAlp
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
It's okay if he'll pay for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.49%
October 2021 (251)
45.23%
November 2021 (66)
11.89%
December 2021 (69)
12.43%
January 2021 (72)
12.97%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
7.93%