Do you think exams should be cancelled this summer

Watch
emily528
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I personally do because my exam technique is bad
Last edited by emily528; 1 week ago
ROTL94 2
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
So because you're **** at writing exams everyone else should suffer a detriment? Thank God the world doesn't work like that.
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
There are already countless threads on this. But no
emily528
Rep:
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
So because you're **** at writing exams everyone else should suffer a detriment? Thank God the world doesn't work like that.
Well covid has had an effect on it 😅
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by emily528)
Well covid has had an effect on it 😅
I'm in year 11 and have had effected years since year 9 and I've still not got anything lower than a 7 on my mocks. Just revise
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by thrivingfrog)
I'm in year 11 and have had effected years since year 9 and I've still not got anything lower than a 7 on my mocks. Just revise
Not everyone is as smart as you blud
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Why is this in relationships :rofl:
emily528
Rep:
I have been revising - I know the facts but my application is bad and that’s what I’m struggling with. Not everyone is good at exams anyway 😅
emily528
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Why is this in relationships :rofl:
I have no idea I didn’t even realise 😂
Last edited by emily528; 1 week ago
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I have been revising - I know the facts but my application is bad and that’s what I’m struggling with. Not everyone is good at exams anyway 😅
Exactly, exams shouldn't be cancelled to prevent further grade inflation.
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I never said everyone was good at exams but that doesn't mean they should be cancelled because then everyone gets top grades and how is that fair?
Ask your teachers for help on application
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Not everyone is as smart as you blud
Clearly
emily528
Rep:
I never said everyone was good at exams but that doesn't mean they should be cancelled because then everyone gets top grades and how is that fair?
Ask your teachers for help on application
I’ve never sat a real exam before - I’m in year 13 and everyone I’ve spoken to has been affected badly - everyone in my h&sc class is struggling with application
VictoriaAlp
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
No way. Exams should not be cancelled.
coco:)
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
can someone make an automated reply to all of these threads...
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I’ve never sat a real exam before - I’m in year 13 and everyone I’ve spoken to has been affected badly - everyone in my h&sc class is struggling with application
You've pointed out another reason to why exams should go ahead. Imagine going to uni without sitting any formal exams, the detrimental effects will be felt later on. Also, what does exams have to do with your application? It sounds more like your school's problem and not caused by exams. I would expect a year 13 to have better reasoning skills than this.
(Original post by coco:))
can someone make an automated reply to all of these threads...
Depends on how bad the OP's arguments are.
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 1 week ago
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If you've never sat an exam before and want your next ones to be cancelled, how do you plan on doing a degree?
VictoriaAlp
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I personally do because my exam technique is bad
Are you taking them online?
emily528
Rep:
If you've never sat an exam before and want your next ones to be cancelled, how do you plan on doing a degree?
I’m not going to uni
emily528
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
You've pointed out another reason to why exams should go ahead. Imagine going to uni without sitting any formal exams, the detrimental effects will be felt later on. Also, what does exams have to do with your application? It sounds more like your school's problem and not caused by exams. I would expect a year 13 to have better reasoning skills than this.

Depends on how bad the OP's arguments are.
When I say application I mean applying the content to the questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.49%
October 2021 (251)
45.23%
November 2021 (66)
11.89%
December 2021 (69)
12.43%
January 2021 (72)
12.97%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
7.93%