Can’t decide which university to accept!Watch
Things to consider with these 3 unis are:
- do you like the campus/city?
- do you like the sound of the course?
- what are the department facilities like?
- where are placements? (This will always be with hospitals and community services in NHS, private and voluntary services local to the uni. The vast majority are accessible by foot or short public transport journey. Be prepared for shifts).
- accommodation - can you get a longer lease to cover extra length of nursing course and placements?
Try looking at where your placements will be and the transport/parking availability.
Usually you will be moving around for placements and the easier it is to get to them early in the morning or later at night the better!
Also, try chatting to students on the nursing courses. They will hopefully be honest with you about the courses they are on.
Hello! I've taught on a level 3 nursing program for 10 years so I am used to conversations around which University to go too. The good news is you have a choice of three really good ones. Geographically, I have had more students go to Huddersfield University. I have a very positive relationship with Leeds Beckett and I've been very impressed with their Education department at Headingley in particular, and have not heard a bad word Nursing wise.
I would attend some of the online open days, and if you can, have a mooch around the cities to get a feel for the area.
Arden University Student Ambassador