Can’t decide which university to accept!

Watch
arzz11
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I can’t decide which university is better for adult nursing or better in general? University of Huddersfield, Leeds Beckett or Nottingham Trent???
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by arzz11)
I can’t decide which university is better for adult nursing or better in general? University of Huddersfield, Leeds Beckett or Nottingham Trent???
There's no rush to decide

Try to visit them if you can ...
arzz11
Rep:
I need to apply for accommodation too don’t wanna leave it late
Emily_B
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If there's someone on here who studies nursing at one of these unis, they'll be able to give you an opinion. Ultimately, the answer is... none of them is better than the others for nursing. This is not a slight on any of them, just that with nursing degrees, as long as it's NMC accredited then you finish being in the process of getting your NMC registration. The NMC don't care which uni you attended just that they've accredited their course. Future employers care about you having a nursing degree (from wherever, they don't care where) and the all important NMC registration.
Things to consider with these 3 unis are:
- do you like the campus/city?
- do you like the sound of the course?
- what are the department facilities like?
- where are placements? (This will always be with hospitals and community services in NHS, private and voluntary services local to the uni. The vast majority are accessible by foot or short public transport journey. Be prepared for shifts).
- accommodation - can you get a longer lease to cover extra length of nursing course and placements?
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
It doesnt matter - all Unis train Nurses to the same accredited standard, the NHS wont care where you trained - and neither will your future patients. This really is a subject where 'which Uni' has no impact.
Rufuscat
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I’m the mother of someone on here!
Try looking at where your placements will be and the transport/parking availability.
Usually you will be moving around for placements and the easier it is to get to them early in the morning or later at night the better!
Also, try chatting to students on the nursing courses. They will hopefully be honest with you about the courses they are on.
arzz11
Rep:
Thank you guys! That really helped
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
You could try and visit them and also see what you think of the cities and the town.
Last edited by Cote1; 1 week ago
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
arzz11
Hello! I've taught on a level 3 nursing program for 10 years so I am used to conversations around which University to go too. The good news is you have a choice of three really good ones. Geographically, I have had more students go to Huddersfield University. I have a very positive relationship with Leeds Beckett and I've been very impressed with their Education department at Headingley in particular, and have not heard a bad word Nursing wise.

I would attend some of the online open days, and if you can, have a mooch around the cities to get a feel for the area.

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
arzz11
Rep:
Thank you! I am drawn to Huddersfield University, I’m also quite familiar with the surroundings since I stayed there for the whole summer and absolutely loved it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%