lost my motivation for studying

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
for the past few weeks i have been struggling to motivate myself to revise and complete work its weird because i used to take pride in my school work but i have no idea why this has happened. I thought it was the stress of doing a levels but i was completely fine in my first year i loved my subjects but now it takes so much more effort and it honestly feels like a chore. the mocks are in a 5 weeks and i know i need to catch up but the motivation isn’t there, does anybody have any tips to help re-gain motivation?
Studentplug
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
for the past few weeks i have been struggling to motivate myself to revise and complete work its weird because i used to take pride in my school work but i have no idea why this has happened. I thought it was the stress of doing a levels but i was completely fine in my first year i loved my subjects but now it takes so much more effort and it honestly feels like a chore. the mocks are in a 5 weeks and i know i need to catch up but the motivation isn’t there, does anybody have any tips to help re-gain motivation?
When you have no motivation to do a task, consider the possible reasons why you’re struggling. Then, develop a plan to help motivate yourself to get going.
coco:)
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 day ago
you're probably just burnt out, I would suggest taking a break for maybe a couple of days and then come back to revision a bit fresher. Also, try and make revision a bit more fun! I usually do an hour and half and then watch a short episode of something (usually a 20 minute thing) and then do another hour and half. This really helps me stay motivated haha! If that doesn't work maybe try and revise with some friends and it helps you to keep on track with revision as well! Good luck!
Last edited by coco:); 1 day ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads