The Student Room Group

BCU Diagnostic Radiography interview

Hi anyone attended a Diagnostic radiography interview online ?
What is it like, do they ask generic questions or will it be academic centred?
Should I brush up on any specific chapters from Physics?
Stressed about the interview.
Try posting your question on the following thread, where this year's applicants are chatting:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7141465
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Mashbrohi
Hi anyone attended a Diagnostic radiography interview online ?
What is it like, do they ask generic questions or will it be academic centred?
Should I brush up on any specific chapters from Physics?
Stressed about the interview.

Hi @Mashbrohi :smile: I'm at the University of Suffolk but I study diagnostic radiography so I can give you a few tips!

As your interview is online, I'd recommend making sure you've got the link to the interview saved on your laptop somewhere so you don't panic searching for it the morning of the interview, and making sure you've got any paperwork or ID you need to show them organised as well. Maybe lie our your smart clothes ready the night before so you're not running around trying to find something to wear in the morning as well!

In terms of questions, I don't believe that any of mine were specifically physics-related! They're definitely a lot more generic than that and they ask questions like "why did you choose this university?" and "why did you choose this course?" However, there are a few radiography/ healthcare-based questions and they can ask you "why did you choose diagnostic radiography over therapeutic radiography?" and "what are a couple of the NHS core values and can you give us an example of when you've demonstrated these in the past?" For example, one of the NHS core values is "respect and dignity", so you could write a few flashcards with questions or values on one side, and then have bullet-point answers on the back that you can read over a few times to keep your answers focussed and relevant.

They're likely to pick out a few points from your personal statement too to ask about in your interview, so it's worth reading over your personal statement before the interview so you know what sort of questions they might ask! They're likely to be about any hobbies or volunteering you do etc. You also might get a couple of scenarios, but there's no right or wrong answer for them, and as long as you can justify your answer, they'll accept it. It's just so the university can see how you think and how you cope with certain situations under pressure!

I hope this gives you a bit of insight into the interview process, and remember that as much as you need to sell yourself to the university, that they need to sell themself to you as well! Good luck!!!

Emma
3rd year diagnostic radiography student
Reply 3
Thanks Emma, that was a detailed reply and what a great idea about the flash cards!
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey I had an interview at BCU just before the Christmas holidays and got an offer from them 3 days later. They asked pretty generic questions about why you want to do radiography and some scenario questions so just make sure you know the 6Cs. And they didn't ask anything radiography specific like physics questions so don't worry about extra reading or anything.
Reply 5
Congratulations cryinqclouds. Are u planning on BCU as 1st choice ?
Reply 6
Update. I have an offer from BCU for Diagnostic Radiography!! Thank you all.

Hi @Mashbrohi - that's fantastic news, well done!!! :congrats:

Emma

That's great! I'm still waiting for an interview offer from BCU, the wait is killing me :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by sadia.ahmed01
That's great! I'm still waiting for an interview offer from BCU, the wait is killing me :frown:

Did you get in??
Original post by University of Suffolk student
Hi @Mashbrohi - that's fantastic news, well done!!! :congrats:

Emma

Hi!! I’m in year 11 right now and I’m choosing my a-levels rn! What a levels did you do to study radiography at uni and will they let me in if I do applied science ?
Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox
Hi!! I’m in year 11 right now and I’m choosing my a-levels rn! What a levels did you do to study radiography at uni and will they let me in if I do applied science ?

Hi @iqra_xoxoxoxox! :smile: I studied Biology, Chemistry and Geography at A Level! I think that to study diagnostic or therapeutic radiography, most universities require you to have studied a science subject at A Level, although some universities do accept applied science! I think there are different variations of applied science though, so your best bet would be to contact the course administrator or a lecturer on the course to get a definitive answer. Our University of Suffolk Diagnostic Radiography course-page has all of the lecturers contact details if you would like to email them - you can scroll down to where it says "staff" and then click their individual profiles to get their email address and university telephone number.

I hope this helps and good luck for your GCSEs - you'll smash them!!! :smile:

Emma
Original post by University of Suffolk student
Hi @iqra_xoxoxoxox! :smile: I studied Biology, Chemistry and Geography at A Level! I think that to study diagnostic or therapeutic radiography, most universities require you to have studied a science subject at A Level, although some universities do accept applied science! I think there are different variations of applied science though, so your best bet would be to contact the course administrator or a lecturer on the course to get a definitive answer. Our University of Suffolk Diagnostic Radiography course-page has all of the lecturers contact details if you would like to email them - you can scroll down to where it says "staff" and then click their individual profiles to get their email address and university telephone number.

I hope this helps and good luck for your GCSEs - you'll smash them!!! :smile:

Emma

Thank you so much for replying! I’ve chosen bio, chem and psychology! Thank you so much I’m so nervous- GCSEs are around the corner 😭
Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox
Thank you so much for replying! I’ve chosen bio, chem and psychology! Thank you so much I’m so nervous- GCSEs are around the corner 😭

Hi @iqra_xoxoxoxox - that's such a great bunch of A Levels, congratulations!!! I remember how nerve-wracking GCSEs were and I felt like I was on auto-pilot for about 2 months straight!! I look back on it now and I'm like "wow, I really did that!" and I know you'll feel the same :smile:
A couple of months and you'll hopefully have a nice long summer holiday to enjoy and relax in... You've got this!!

Emma
Original post by ZA753
Did you get in??

No, I just got the rejection email, but I do have an offer from DMU, so hopefully, that should be okay?:frown: I'm still deciding whether I should just go through clearing in the end.
Heyyy guys are any of you thinking about forming Birmingham for radiography? I’ve found it so hard trying to find people who are going to birms esp because I’m moving out, if any of you are please lmk!!
hi what are the 6c
Congratulations cryinqclouds. Are u planning on BCU as 1st choice ?

HEYYY! i have an interview for diagnostic radiography in 2 days - any tipss?
Original post by Hally99999
HEYYY! i have an interview for diagnostic radiography in 2 days - any tipss?

At Birmingham City University
compassion, competence, care, courage, communication, commitment. search the NHS values and you should get more detail and examples.
Original post by ajsemic16
hi what are the 6c

Quick Reply