Mashbrohi
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi anyone attended a Diagnostic radiography interview online ?
What is it like, do they ask generic questions or will it be academic centred?
Should I brush up on any specific chapters from Physics?
Stressed about the interview.
normaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Try posting your question on the following thread, where this year's applicants are chatting:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7141465
Last edited by normaw; 4 days ago
University of Suffolk student
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Mashbrohi)
Hi anyone attended a Diagnostic radiography interview online ?
What is it like, do they ask generic questions or will it be academic centred?
Should I brush up on any specific chapters from Physics?
Stressed about the interview.
Hi Mashbrohi I'm at the University of Suffolk but I study diagnostic radiography so I can give you a few tips!

As your interview is online, I'd recommend making sure you've got the link to the interview saved on your laptop somewhere so you don't panic searching for it the morning of the interview, and making sure you've got any paperwork or ID you need to show them organised as well. Maybe lie our your smart clothes ready the night before so you're not running around trying to find something to wear in the morning as well!

In terms of questions, I don't believe that any of mine were specifically physics-related! They're definitely a lot more generic than that and they ask questions like "why did you choose this university?" and "why did you choose this course?" However, there are a few radiography/ healthcare-based questions and they can ask you "why did you choose diagnostic radiography over therapeutic radiography?" and "what are a couple of the NHS core values and can you give us an example of when you've demonstrated these in the past?" For example, one of the NHS core values is "respect and dignity", so you could write a few flashcards with questions or values on one side, and then have bullet-point answers on the back that you can read over a few times to keep your answers focussed and relevant.

They're likely to pick out a few points from your personal statement too to ask about in your interview, so it's worth reading over your personal statement before the interview so you know what sort of questions they might ask! They're likely to be about any hobbies or volunteering you do etc. You also might get a couple of scenarios, but there's no right or wrong answer for them, and as long as you can justify your answer, they'll accept it. It's just so the university can see how you think and how you cope with certain situations under pressure!

I hope this gives you a bit of insight into the interview process, and remember that as much as you need to sell yourself to the university, that they need to sell themself to you as well! Good luck!!!

Emma
3rd year diagnostic radiography student
Mashbrohi
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Thanks Emma, that was a detailed reply and what a great idea about the flash cards!
Last edited by Mashbrohi; 3 days ago
cryinqclouds
Report 2 days ago
Hey I had an interview at BCU just before the Christmas holidays and got an offer from them 3 days later. They asked pretty generic questions about why you want to do radiography and some scenario questions so just make sure you know the 6Cs. And they didn't ask anything radiography specific like physics questions so don't worry about extra reading or anything.
Mashbrohi
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Congratulations cryinqclouds. Are u planning on BCU as 1st choice ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (69)
12.57%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.64%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.01%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (267)
48.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.28%

Watched Threads