Guys help, i dont understand my girlfriend

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
we've been dating for a 3-4 weeks now. shes 15
Once she told me that she had learned to love herself but recently she told me that she hates herself and wants to learn loving herself again. She said that the way to do that is isolating herself. She said she wants to be alone and shes tired of talking to people and that she wants some time for herself.
I wanna help her but i dont understand what shes going through and i dont think isolating yourself is healthy.
_Scrooge_
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
It oddly is healthy to isolate yourself sometimes. It depends on what she does but I think its more just distancing herself from people so that she can put all her energy and time into focusing on herself. Sometimes its difficult to do it when you have so many things going on in your life that taking a break from everything and putting yourself first is the most important thing to do.

Just ask her if there's anything you can do to help and support her.
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
"Isolating" is poor word choice. What she would have meant is that she needs some time to herself to decompress and focus on self-care. Doing this is perfectly healthy. Burnout and social exhaustion are things that can leave you feeling fatigued, low, and generally overwhelmed. Some people can go weeks or months without hitting this point, but others hit it much more quickly and just need some downtime to return to their ordinary happy selves.

I personally try to take at least one day every 1-2 weeks (usually a Sunday) completely to myself to try and prevent hitting such a point.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
let her do what she needs to as women hate hate hate being overridden about their own life choices- even at 15
if after a couple of weeks she still seems down and mentally in a bad place you should try and get her to open up to you or her friends or something bc yeah she needs to try and solve this herself if she wants to but if its still unhealthy after a while someone might have to step in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.55%
October 2021 (247)
44.91%
November 2021 (66)
12%
December 2021 (69)
12.55%
January 2021 (71)
12.91%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
8%