Who is right?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So my dad currently has covid and when he uses the kitchen or walks around the house he wears a mask and keeps socially distanced from myself and my brother.

Neither myself or my brother has worn a mask around the house.

I used the kitchen without my dad there. My dad then wanted to use the kitchen when I was there and all of a sudden he just shouted and had a go at me saying that I should wear a mask too.

I was socially distanced away from him and making sure that I washed and sanitised my hands.

I am also double jabbed and also had a booster jab too.

My dad thinks he's "special" because he has the virus his ego has definitely boosted...obvs I still care about his health.

Do myself and my brother have to wear masks even though we don't have the virus or is it only my dad who wears a mask? Who was right?

In my house there isn't a room wear my dad can self isolate, he's self isolating in the living room... I stay all day upstairs in my bedroom so does my brother we keep the back door open and also all windows too.
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Dad imo. You should all wear masks when in the same room as each other.
Last edited by Cote1; 1 week ago
cleveranimal56
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Personally, I think you'll catch it at some point if your dad has it. And it's going to make living situations highly awkward, so there's little point in it. But that's just me I guess.
MedicWil
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So my dad currently has covid and when he uses the kitchen or walks around the house he wears a mask and keeps socially distanced from myself and my brother.

Neither myself or my brother has worn a mask around the house.

I used the kitchen without my dad there. My dad then wanted to use the kitchen when I was there and all of a sudden he just shouted and had a go at me saying that I should wear a mask too.

I was socially distanced away from him and making sure that I washed and sanitised my hands.

I am also double jabbed and also had a booster jab too.

My dad thinks he's "special" because he has the virus his ego has definitely boosted...obvs I still care about his health.

Do myself and my brother have to wear masks even though we don't have the virus or is it only my dad who wears a mask? Who was right?

In my house there isn't a room wear my dad can self isolate, he's self isolating in the living room... I stay all day upstairs in my bedroom so does my brother we keep the back door open and also all windows too.
It’s a bit like asking if you should use a condom when someone is on birth control
The answer is YOUR DAD. You should be using every protective measure you can instead of putting other people at risk - you can be asymptomatic and then pass it onto someone else. If their immune system is compromised then you could potentially kill them
How would you feel if you killed a family member or good friend due to being too lazy and careless to put a mask on for a few minutes
Last edited by MedicWil; 1 week ago
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Its his house.. he can doi as he pleases in it and its your job to avoid getting said sniffle, he isnt expected to lock himself in the basement..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.47%
October 2021 (252)
45.32%
November 2021 (66)
11.87%
December 2021 (69)
12.41%
January 2021 (72)
12.95%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
7.91%