Can I get into Rice University with A*A*A predicted A level grades?

Watch
flurryiscute
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I've applied to Rice University for biochemistry & cell bio. My a-level predicted grades are the following:
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A
English Lit: A*

I know that Rice has a very high GPA requirement and since my weighted GPA will be calculated differently for each uni, is it realistic for me to expect myself to get into Rice based on these predicted grades?
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Never know until you try :dontknow: Issue with US colleges is that they look at other factors as well, GPA isn’t the only factor to take into account.

I have known one that went to NYU with AAA, so maybe?
flurryiscute
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by wifd149)
Never know until you try :dontknow: Issue with US colleges is that they look at oTther factors as well, GPA isn’t the only factor to take into account.

I have known one that went to NYU with AAA, so maybe?
That's true. I just don't want my GPA to disadvantage me :/
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by flurryiscute)
That's true. I just don't want my GPA to disadvantage me :/
Unlikely that GPA alone will, not sure about your extra-curricular and essays though. I would be worried about that more to be honest :dontknow:
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Your grades are fine, but so are those of 80%+ of applicants. As others have said, you will get past the academic prowess hurdle.
Whether the rest of your application (ECs, essays, Recs etc) is also strong and inteesting enough, and/or fits some sort of institutional interest at Rice- nobody here will be able to tell... That's the way it works for all excellent, highly-selective colleges. GL!
kamara41
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Predicted A*A*A is fantastic! Those kind of A-level predicted grades (coupled with GCSE grades of the same caliber) will demonstrate that you can handle Rice's workload. You're a qualified applicant but so are most of Rice's applicants and unfortunately there aren't nearly enough spaces for all of them. You'll just have to see where the chips fall. GL!
CurlyyMM
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
They will also consider your GCSEs, extracurricular involvement, teacher recommendations, and your personal essays. Unlike in the UK their admissions process isn't centred almost entirely around A Level grades. Still! Be optimistic, your grades are good!
r2368
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
I know people that have got UCLA with AAA -- USA universities are holistic so it depends on a range of factors
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.55%
October 2021 (247)
44.91%
November 2021 (66)
12%
December 2021 (69)
12.55%
January 2021 (71)
12.91%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
8%