Failed a front end interview due to not using UI library

Watch this thread
HucktheForde
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I was given a mini react project to build during an interview and i failed it. when i ask for feed back he said ( not exactly word for word , otherwise he might read this and figured out who i am) "Please use a UI library such as Tailwind or Bootstrap. Just use one and it will make it easy for you to create a presentable UI without having to master CSS."

What the hell? I deliberately not use a CSS library in order to show off my CSS skills, and that costs me instead.
IWMTom
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by HucktheForde)
I was given a mini react project to build during an interview and i failed it. when i ask for feed back he said ( not exactly word for word , otherwise he might read this and figured out who i am) "Please use a UI library such as Tailwind or Bootstrap. Just use one and it will make it easy for you to create a presentable UI without having to master CSS."

What the hell? I deliberately not use a CSS library in order to show off my CSS skills, and that costs me instead.
The question is whether it looked **** or not. Judging by the feedback, it probably did.
HucktheForde
Rep:
(Original post by IWMTom)
The question is whether it looked **** or not. Judging by the feedback, it probably did.
your mama
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
your mama
Just an observation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not a big fan of UI toolkits, but if you had time constraints then the feedback makes sense.
navkan
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I mean like 99% of companies use a CSS framework so they probably wanted to see if you knew how to use one. CSS frameworks are also much much easier to create a good looking website with
HucktheForde
Rep:
(Original post by IWMTom)
Just an observation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not a big fan of UI toolkits, but if you had time constraints then the feedback makes sense.
nevermind

i never wanted that job anyway, just applying around for fun
Mmummy
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
nevermind

i never wanted that job anyway, just applying around for fun
Like he just applied for a job for fun man. Like I don’t love people who apply for jobs to take the people goddamn dole office off their backs. I think the interview a coat on to the fact that you’re just weird.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads